Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Weird graphical error in custom map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

I'm currently creating Illusions of the Dead 2 (sequel to Illusions of the Dead).
I'm working on a large exterior map. I just started working on the map.

After 1 hour of mapping I decided to give it a look in game and came accross this weird graphical glitch I've not seen before (I also have not created a map this large before).

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D9yhcAa0nY (sorry about the background music I was listening to)

hpl.log as attachment (for info about renderer)

There's no fog in the map (yet).
I purposely made the map really bright to make everything easier to see.
I think it has something to do with the size of the map, not sure.
I used custom entities/static objects (large outside terrain used in In Lucy's Eyes).

Does somebody know what the problem might be?

Thanks,

TimProzz
Your spotlight size and radius is too big. Use multiple spotlights placed closer to your ground instead. Smile
I only have one light at the moment (boxlight) which is in fact quite big (x=700 y=200 z=700) but no point/spotlights at the moment. I can try to resize the boxlight but I doubt it will do anything?

EDIT: Creating 2 smaller boxlight in stead of 1 big one fixed the glitch for me. Thanks Romulator for the tip Smile
Ah well, it was either gonna be a Spotlight or a Boxlight, but nonetheless, the lighting over such a drastic size is the issue. Glad you got it sorted! Smile