Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Messy screen in FG games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I encountered this strange issue some time ago (I suspect it may have happened after a Windows update)
I was able to run Amnesia games well when I first got em, then I deleted n reinstalled them again but now every time I open any of em, everything works well except that the screen is a complete mess.It doesn't happen in any other game,only FG's.
What could be possibly causing this? My graphics drivers n the games are up to date, I also tried running it in compatibility mode, no result.
This is FG's starting logo screen, looks like this
[attachment=6397]
Nothing obvious, but I'd suggest doing a clean reinstall of the video drivers. They seem corrupt to me. I also noticed a sound device named "Äèíàìèêè" in the log, which seems a bit odd. Perhaps there are some localization settings on your system interfering?
Thanks, but do you really think my drivers are corrupt? I am able to run all my other games without this happening..
Localization? You mean my system language or in-game language?
Okay, I've made a clean reinstall of my drivers and looks like it fixed the issue.Thanks)
Great! Yeah I'm not sure why corrupt drivers seem to only affect some games at times, but it's not unheard of. I guess it's a mystery!