Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: The Dark Descent ported to mobile?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ZenTunE

Do you guys think it would be possible to port and actually run Amnesia at a decent fps on mobile? Phones nowdays are so powerful, I think with some optimizations it could be possible :3
This is a joke right?
If not a joke, then yeah, it might actually be possible. I'd aim for Penumbra first though - that ought to work. Amnesia? Maybe. But this is of course considering only performance. It might not be a good experience on phone anyway. Although the touch controls do have potential for simulating the ability to move objects, the walking would be an annoyance.

Yeah I wasn't joking.. On phones it wouldn't be good but on an Ipad with headphones /earbuds (required for the game to run so dumbasses don't play it without them) maybe.

I agree, the controls would have to be really well done for the game to be enjoyable.

My sisters crappy 2gb of RAM labtop can run amnesia on low settings really well, so I think it could run
(08-07-2018, 02:12 AM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]If not a joke, then yeah, it might actually be possible. I'd aim for Penumbra first though - that ought to work. Amnesia? Maybe. But this is of course considering only performance. It might not be a good experience on phone anyway. Although the touch controls do have potential for simulating the ability to move objects, the walking would be an annoyance.

It might be a really good experience actually. You can use controllers on your phone, some feature things to attach your phone to the controller to use as a screen, and you can use your gaming headphones from PC on mobile, so yeah, if you like controller, would be a nice experience.
But then what is the point if you're gonna have a complete setup like that? It's not much more "on the go" than a laptop at that point. Besides, I don't think it's a good idea to require extra peripherals so it would still need to work with just touch and possibly gyro.