Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Hard Mode Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(09-28-2018, 05:29 PM)GrAVit Wrote: [ -> ]Very exciting! I'll be livestreaming it tomorrow at 9pm UTC+3 and then probably upload the gameplay to Youtube. lol

https://twitter.com/frictionalgames/stat...1660180480  RIP
Also be careful of Refinery. If you rush through all the rooms before opening the trap door, you can easily lose all sanity.
Likely reason why so few have gotten the achievement on Steam is because they pulled the update within only hours after release because of a bug, so most people don't have it available.
(09-29-2018, 01:55 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]Likely reason why so few have gotten the achievement on Steam is because they pulled the update within only hours after release because of a bug, so most people don't have it available.

Yeah, I saw it on twitter later that day. Kinda sucks that everyone on PC now has to wait until next week to play it.
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but this seems like the only active place on the forum at the moment.
Anyway, I made the video on Amnesia : Hard mode. It's one long video (2hours long), no commentary, just gameplay.
Spoiler below!

I will delete it if it doesn't fit this topic.
(09-28-2018, 07:56 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2018, 05:29 PM)GrAVit Wrote: [ -> ]Very exciting! I'll be livestreaming it tomorrow at 9pm UTC+3 and then probably upload the gameplay to Youtube. lol

https://twitter.com/frictionalgames/stat...1660180480  RIP

Yeah darn, I'll have to postpone it for next week. Oh well, gives me time to focus on studies. lol
100% club once more, certainly was a fun challenge. I used 3 saves in total, one in the Back Hall, one in the Prison and one in the Choir. I died twice relatively early on, once for underestimating the detection radius of a monster, and once because I didn't take care of my sanity. Other than that, if you use the typical strategies and wait for a bit longer, you should be fine.
I remember when I was in primary school and had an idea about a game where you could not save and everyone thought it was a stupid concept. Although you can still save in this mode, I just can't but to think: "WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!".
Just finished my playthrough. Took about 4 hours. I only died near the end due to sanity loss of the "ritual" thing you need to do to open the final door, but luckily I saved just before that as I expected it. Oil and tinderboxes were rather well balanced in my opinion. In general quite a fun experience. I would've enjoyed new monsters to keep me on my toes, though. lol
I've been waited for this hard mode for a long time, but I want the danger music..  Sad
I know that with that "alarm" the game is more easy, but... hey... that music is very creepy. Never heard something like that in other games. It's a fundamental part of the atmosphere and tension goes beautifully up when you try to hide with that music.
Is there a way to enable it?
Well, guess I have to wait for a modder that think the same  Rolleyes
..or it already exist?
Pages: 1 2 3 4