Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Fainting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Made it to the Northern Block in the Prison area... I came to a point where I saw a monster and immediately hid in the nearest cell. Then I tried getting out but another monster made its appearance and I hid back in the cell, crouching in the corner of the room where it was dark and hard for him to spot me.

As soon as I crouched my character fell through the floor and started dropping away from the map as I saw it become smaller and smaller. Then it disappeared, my character collapsed and I died.

I... guess this means I fainted while a monster is near, which means instant death? Or was it the glitch that could have killed me? Has this happened to anyone else? Confused
I remember something very similar to this happening to me in a very similar situation, but I think a monster ended up dealing the final blow. I don't think it's a bug, at least not unless you didn't respawn. I woke up in the same spot with two monsters running toward me and then disappearing.
I didn't actually saw the monster, only heard its growl (which was enough to have me cowering in the corner like I did before falling through an ''invisible hole'' Big Grin). I respawned in the same cell too and the monster had disappeared.
It's a bug. There are some spots where you can fall through the floor, even if your sanity is alright. Just some clipping errors.
Yeah. You're not supposed to fall through the ground, just be incapacitated by fear because you've let your sanity get the best of you.
The falling to the ground part is normal, the falling through the ground is not.
and fric added a thing where if you fall down a certain height you automaticly die so your not falling in a world of blackness......a never ending hole....or w/e synonyms you guys wanna use