Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Player dont see in the darkness?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to deactivate the function that the player can see if he is in darkness?
why would you wanna do that :S ?

bumping for curiosity
i have some parts in map where this function killed my atmosphere ^^
btw you could just bump up the gamma A LOT in the game
i only will deactivate it for some parts not for the complete game
(11-18-2010, 05:20 PM)davva Wrote: [ -> ]btw you could just bump up the gamma A LOT in the game
I think he is talking about the function that when you stand in darkness the screen will get a blue effect allowing you to see AKA the night vision.

And no it can't be turned off.
@Someone else:
Yes ^^ this is what i mean...and shit...is there not a way??? ^^
I suppose it for so that players wernt entirely blinded when having no light. Anyway i think they were adding a realistic effect for when your eyes adjust to darkness, but obviously the game does it a lot quicker. I'm 90% sur eyou cant change it without changing your entire games coding a little and this would only effect the person who changed theirs. I doubt anyone would go through the hassle/rick just for what its worth anyway. But i think your only option is to add a dark 'box light'.

This is for the basement part in scratches before you have the lantern?
It's realistic when there's light near you, but if you're standing in pitch black you shouldn't see schizle.
@LoneWolf:
In the demo from Scratches are a lantern but iam not sure that iam put it into the finished game.
Maybe i found some other things.

But your idea i will try, it inspirating me for some experiments,
Thanks.

@TheLittleGarfield:
Yes, if a light in the near, is okay if you see after a time something. But in pitch black not.