Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Level Editor Crashes when loading "Lamp" enitites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When ever i attempt to load up the "Lamp" Category of the entities list, the entire program crashes. BlackBox has informed me that something is wrong : /

I really want to resolve this problem as quickly as possible, any suggestions?
I guess BlackBox told you a bit more than 'something is wrong'. Care to post that? Also, are you able to load one of the game's maps and work with the lamp entities there?
Right, I've tried to load it up on a different map, Rainy Hall to be exact. and it still crashed. Although i can move and work with lamp entities, I just cannot load them from the entity list it seems.

I will post the info Black box has given me:

it says "LevelEditor.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module MSVCP71.dll at 001B:7C3AF4C6

std:Basic_string<char_traits<char> ,std:allocator<char>
>::growl()+0018byte(s)
Try redownloading/installing the game.
It might be a corrupt file.
Or.... Maybe you didn't update the game, but your using new tools?
I Updated the game, at least it should do that automatically if i use steam right? and even then, everything works fine, its just i can't load up "Lamp" Entities, thats it.
Maybe that library file is corrupt? I've uploaded mine here, maybe try it out? (don't forget to make a copy of your old one tho!)
Unfortunately, it did not work : (
The same is happening for me with certain entities, e.g the corpse pile and with the nice closet (cant remember excact name)
Could you post the contents of your LevelEditor.log file after a crash? (My Documents\HPL2\LevelEditor.log)