Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia Book/Short Story?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there an "official" novella/short story (or even a fanfic one that's very close to the cannon) of the game? I finished the game a little while ago and love the story, would enjoy reading it if its available.

If not I'll just add it to my list of video game worlds i wish there were novels/stories based in.
It *is* the story it is based on. It's intended to be experienced as a game.
(11-27-2010, 04:26 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: [ -> ]It *is* the story it is based on. It's intended to be experienced as a game.

Well yes I know that.....very effective too, when I got to the "prison" level I said "screw that I need to build my courage before continuing"....in other words exactly what I wanted from the experience. However I was curious if anyone had put it into the pure-text medium, like the Planescape: Torment novel did for the game (which I just bought, finished, and now going to read the book).

However you gotta admit, an ancillary short short would be neat....I'm not talking about an "explaining" one, but lets say a story from the POV of one of the people that end up being bodies there.

I'm just saying I want to experience more of this wonderful world that FricGames has made.....same for the Penumbra games. Like if they had a open-submittal-request for short stories inspired by Penumbra/Amnesia....I would buy the end product (book). Hey, possible new revenue stream!
Sounds like you want fanfics. I think the closest you're going to get is the comic made by forumite Mafer, or the custom stories made via the editor.
Sure.
Search for The Outsider by H.P. Lovecraft.
(11-27-2010, 08:51 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you want fanfics. I think the closest you're going to get is the comic made by forumite Mafer, or the custom stories made via the editor.

Well yes that is what I am looking for. Periodically a collection of "Short Stories inspired by HP Lovecraft" commissioned by the editor/publisher appears at my local bookstore and I always pick it up. I am honestly being demanding here - I do enjoy Mafers work and I would love to see more. I would love to read....say off the top of my head a Ramsey Campbell short story based in one of the Frictional worlds.
(11-27-2010, 02:45 PM)Scraper Wrote: [ -> ]Sure.
Search for The Outsider by H.P. Lovecraft.

http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lov...tsider.htm

Thanks!!
Amnesia: The Movie. Make it happen.
(11-29-2010, 10:59 PM)Wolveria Wrote: [ -> ]Amnesia: The Movie. Make it happen.

Ooooo id like that.