Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Demo has different Rooms?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder if this was a bug or planed, i loaded your demo, first of all... great atmosphere, scary stuff, but then, when i was stucked and watched a walkthroug to find the next step, i noticed something: The guy in the walkthrough came from the start hall to a walkway full of books... I end up in something, that looks like a cellar full of barrels...

Does the demo just glue together some random rooms or have i just missed the right door?
As far as I remember, there are many rooms missing in demo. You are given a preview of different locations, but they are not complete, and you don't see all rooms.
The demo was specially crafted to give a taste of all that Amnesia had to offer in a short play-span. rather than making you play through a lengthy intro that would not give an appropriate feel for how the entirety of the game plays like.

Just like how the gameplay video was a carefully crafted unique map meant to highlight the item rotation, AI, and hiding mechanics.
No, it has the same rooms, just in different combination.
(12-01-2010, 01:11 PM)Kein Wrote: [ -> ]No, it has the same rooms, just in different combination.
And with a few changes like that the note Daniel writes to himself is in the Rainy Halls in the demo.
The grunt in the refinery/distilery etc.
The grunt if the refinery always was there, even in full game.
(12-02-2010, 10:04 AM)Kein Wrote: [ -> ]The grunt if the refinery always was there, even in full game.
It is an illusion in the demo.
In the full version it is real.
Yes, so? Have you read the topic title even?
(12-03-2010, 11:32 AM)Kein Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, so? Have you read the topic title even?
Yes, all I say is that there are a few changes in the rooms.
Like that the grunt is an illusion in the demo.
[/flamewar]