Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: tried everything and wont run
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So what should i do now?
I think it would be best if Thomas answered your question directly, I couldn't tell you what to do since I have no idea how HPL2 works.
yea this is all beyond me lol i have no idea what im doing. bought the game did not expect this.
so do i message him for help or what?
Sooo... What do i do?
What exactly is the issue? Does the game crash after you start it? Does it show a black screen? More details would really help.
Oh sorry... Well when i press run on steam the loading window for steam comes up then it disapears theirs no black screen or starting menue. I tried runing it from amnesia folder did same thing. Everything is updated and i turned everything down on nvidia physics and messed with resolution that did nothing. Also it shows in processes for a sec and disapears
Are you completely sure that you have the latest .NET runtime installed?

Can we have your computer specs?
Yea im positive but i was having problems getting the net. Framework updated on another game it didnt seem to work. Specs -
Windows vista 64 bit ultimate
Graphics-Nvidia gtx 275
Processor- intel Core 2 qaud
Motherboard- asus p5q deluxe
its not crashing because of bad hardware, its a sudden stop meaning its a software issue, check out more on that .net runtime. maybe look at downloading a complete .net pack

a runtime pack is normally just a small file that patches it, a complete one fully replaces and updates it, kind of like a forced update

try messaging Thomas, but dont expect a reply, the devs get lots of PM's and cant answer them all
Pages: 1 2 3 4