Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Can someone explain the WAU a bit to me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's my understanding, reading the lore and watching the short film(s) on YT that the WAU is an AI without a conscience or gestalt, or even a consciousness as we understand it, and is wholly interested in "preserving human life". Does it continually manufacture more of the Structure Gel and (prior to David's awakening) try to force more of it into the various complexes to take over humans and stop them from killing themselves, and "preserve" their lives? Or is the Structure Gel wholly incidental to the matter?Xvideos Xnxx Chaturbate
The structure gel is how the WAU does anything. Embedded in the nanoparticles and the ferrofluid (somehow) are specific instructions that allow the WAU to command the gel so that when the gel gets to its destination, those instructions inform it on what to do. Some of those instructions involve hardening to seal cracks, forming new circuits, jerry-rigging new equipment or machinery, and sometimes even creating makeshift life support on the fly. As such, the WAU is constantly producing new structure gel to replace what has been lost or used up.

Without the structure gel, the WAU is completely powerless. In fact, this is the nature of the structure gel that Johan Ross exploits to "kill" the WAU. By replacing the "imprint" that the WAU uses to produce more structure gel with a sample that the WAU cannot control (i.e. the decalibrated gel that Simon uses to create Simon-3), the WAU will be left completely without eyes, ears, or hands throughout the entire station.

(As a side note, you posted this in the technical support forum.)