Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How to build own Penumbra levels in HPL2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I have this question: How to edit Penumbra levels in Amnesia?

Frictional Games when they were developing Penumbra, didn't have a Level Editor, so they made whole levels as one static object (model). And I'm now asking you, are there any wall models like in Amnesia or Soma, so I can make my own levels?

Thanks.  Big Grin
At best I think you'll find that the level .dae files contain submeshes of walls. These could be possible to extract and set up as a more modular asset base. This is probably more likely in Black Plague rather than Overture, as Overture seemed to use far too specific pieces IIRC.

Some existing mods utilize asset bases that look like they are from Penumbra. These packs are probably floating around online. Or you could get them from the mods themselves.
(07-03-2019, 03:32 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]At best I think you'll find that the level .dae files contain submeshes of walls. These could be possible to extract and set up as a more modular asset base. This is probably more likely in Black Plague rather than Overture, as Overture seemed to use far too specific pieces IIRC.

Some existing mods utilize asset bases that look like they are from Penumbra. These packs are probably floating around online. Or you could get them from the mods themselves.

Extracting .dae files sounds complicated. Guess I'll download assets online.
Anyways, thanks!!
(07-03-2019, 03:37 PM)max5five Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2019, 03:32 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]At best I think you'll find that the level .dae files contain submeshes of walls. These could be possible to extract and set up as a more modular asset base. This is probably more likely in Black Plague rather than Overture, as Overture seemed to use far too specific pieces IIRC.

Extracting .dae files sounds complicated. Guess I'll download assets online.
Anyways, thanks!!

Welp, can't find these assets anywhere..