Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Laboratory Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ambrosia

Hi, just to preface, I have tried every solution in the troubleshooting thread, checked my video drivers, etc. I can play the game with perfect performance and all settings on (including SSAO and Post Effects), but the moment I enter the Lab, it loads, runs for about a second, then crashes. It cuts to black and flickers just before it closes, if that helps?
That log file has a lot of stuff I can't say I've seen before. Very strange. Perhaps some corrupt game files? Try to verify (if Steam) or reinstall.

Ambrosia

Okay, so, I've verified the integrity, and it came back fine, no files missing. I tried opening the save again, and there're some oddities to the issue. I can be in the laboratory fine, no crash. I can pull up the lantern, look around, walk forward while facing the right wall, and light the torch on the wall. A moment after I turn away towards the stairs, the passageway below collapses, or something, and then the game crashes. I don't know if that helps to diagnose the problem, but it's something, right?
Perhaps some corrupt video drivers. I suggest trying to reinstall them.

Ambrosia

No luck, unfortunately. Clean reinstall of the video drivers, updated to unstable, rollback to previous all tried, all failed. I am still able to walk several steps into the room, but it crashes as soon as I move towards the stairs.