Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: NO FUN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As soon as you know the right path, you should be fine. Just sigh and use trial and error.
I've heard that spiders are afraid of your flashlight. Anyone confirm this?
(12-31-2010, 08:35 PM)Peanuckle Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard that spiders are afraid of your flashlight. Anyone confirm this?

Yes, they run away if you point the light at them.
If we are talking about that spiders tunnel in Overture... OP has a point. I remember 2 years ago when playing this part i died about 20 times, it was frustrating as hell, didn't have much HP, was always going in circles in the tunnels and the combat system in Overture is pretty bad.(sometimes i would hit a spider and others didnt)
When i got over this part, i was so happy.
I thought that the challenges in and of itself were quite fun and horrifying Tongue
I really had no idea the lantern worked on spiders...that's either discoverable gameplay or one small lapse in game design.
Just to clarify, I don't think the glowstick works on spiders, not sure about flares, but the flashlight does.
I think the whole "spiders afraid of light" thing was mentioned in a note somewhere; I remember knowing it beforehand.
it was in a note by that guy that amputated his tounge
I was lucky enough to get through the spider tunnels fast enough. I don't really remember how as I said it was just luck. The only tip I can give you is that you should try different routes each tiem.
Pages: 1 2 3