Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Will Amnesia be available for consoles? No!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Hug, anyone?
Me, free hug. I'd give everyone a cookie which I'm eating now.
Console releases are always great in my book. However, for a team like Frictional, they need to stick with what they've got for now. It isn't like it's doing any harm! Blush
It'd be hard to even open a door on the console. The mouse and keyboard is quite essential for this game. Also, imagine how shitty it would look on the console. Also, I don't think there would be many LP's out there like there is now. It's so much easier to record at a high quality on a pc. PC FTW!

That's just my opinion though Tongue

I VOTED NO!
(05-02-2011, 05:43 AM)benvereen Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2011, 03:23 AM)gandalf91 Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't want to mount the high horse in saying so, but I really think we should all just forget about it and move on. People have made excellent points on both sides. I've heard some ideas I hadn't thought of myself. Ultimately though, I stick to my original position. I'm not opposed to console variants on the basis of game mechanics, but I simply don't believe it would be profitable for Frictional.

THIS.

Amnesia is never coming to consoles. We can all be very sure of that. Not because it would have to be "dumbed down" for a dumber audience, but because it wouldn't be profitable (enough?). I think we can all agree that Frictional's effort (and money) would be better spent on new projects and not ports.

The video-game industry isn't what it used to be. I agree that most new games are geared towards a casual crowd. There are a lot of reasons for this. It's not because console gamers are necessarily dumb. However, this is another topic altogether.

I'm sorry. Ever play on xbox live with 60% of live being 10 year olds. Yes they would lose money because every kid would be too scared to play the damn thing. They would have to dumb down the moderate puzzles to extremmzzz ezzz. lol.

I'm sorry. Console gamers bleh.
(05-03-2011, 08:12 PM)Nettogrof Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry. Ever play on xbox live with 60% of live being 10 year olds. Yes they would lose money because every kid would be too scared to play the damn thing. They would have to dumb down the moderate puzzles to extremmzzz ezzz. lol.

I'm sorry. Console gamers bleh.

??? The puzzles are already easy. I play this game because I admire the engine and because it was surprisingly scary my first time through. The game itself is a cakewalk. You are actually rewarded for dying. The puzzles wouldn't seem as novel without the awesomeness that is HPL2. I'm a little disturbed by how many people seem to be almost proud of themselves for having played Amnesia. It's just, weird.

What's up with the PC gamer pride? I know it's nothing new, but lately it seems there's a pseudo-intellectual fever going around. Yes, Xbox Live is mostly kids. That doesn't mean Amnesia couldn't possibly find an audience on consoles. Of course, as I already stated, Amnesia will never come to consoles and I don't care. It's better that it doesn't, but not because console gamers are necessarily dumb. Like I said before, there are a lot of reasons why the industry has declined. Saying it's because console gamers are dumb is a gross simplification.
Completely agree. He's just not that bright so he's stereotyping
No.
If developed for consoles it would lose depth, detail, difficulty(controllers are so cluncky), and the game would be simplified to make life easier.

So I would like future titles to stay exclusive to PC.
Will there be a console version of Amnesia?

Like me and many others, we don't have computers compatible of running Amnesia, and I've heard many great things, and even played it on my friends and I shit myself so much I doubt I have organs anymore.

I know this is going to get comments such as 'buy a better computer you hobo', well no. I'm not going to buy a new computer for just this game, to burst your bubble.

I'm sure Amnesia will be downloaded, and many people would appreciate it.

:3 ?
No, thee will not. Never.
Amnesia doesn't need a high end computer. Just a moderate graphic card. Nevertheless, with latest Intel Graphic driver update even Intel GMA owners are able to play.

You are free to or not buy a new computer for this game; but keep in mind that developers are not going to port this game to console to burst your bubble.
Thats a shame. Oh well. One day I'll end up getting a better computer anyway. :L
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39