Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Will Amnesia be available for consoles? No!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
I want it splitscreen 2 :/
Amnesia is meant to be played alone, in the dark, with headphones on.
It's supposed to immerse and terrify you.
Consoles cannot provide immersion as well as a computer.
Splitscreen Amnesia wouldn't be scary.
/two cents
(08-27-2012, 01:24 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote: [ -> ]Amnesia is meant to be played alone, in the dark, with headphones on.
/two cents
that´s where you are wrong xD, have you played alone in the dark,dead space,alan wake,or at least god of war(god of war is not an scary game but they still made some jumpscares) you can make a scary game for a plataform... it just requires more work!
(08-27-2012, 02:25 AM)Gaviao Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2012, 01:24 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote: [ -> ]Amnesia is meant to be played alone, in the dark, with headphones on.
/two cents
that´s where you are wrong xD, have you played alone in the dark,dead space,alan wake,or at least god of war(god of war is not an scary game but they still made some jumpscares) you can make a scary game for a plataform... it just requires more work!
From videos of some of those games, it seems like they rely on jumpscares. Jumpscares are the lazy man's scares. Not very immersive.
(08-27-2012, 02:33 AM)lolmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
/two cents
From videos of some of those games, it seems like they rely on jumpscares. Jumpscares are the lazy man's scares. Not very immersive.
Exactly. Jump scares aren't immersive at all (I'd say 90% of the time they aren't scary at all in fact, just annoying), and most of those games rely almost completely on them.
/two cents
Alone in the Dark - I didn't find it scary. The Havok physics and clunky handling of controls made it more frustrating than anything.
Dead Space - Indeed a horror game, but better played on the computer. For the same reasons Amnesia is better played on the computer.
Alan Wake - A suspense thriller in the first place, not actually horror. It's more stressful than scary.
God of War - Never played it, so I can't say anything about it.

Note that I don't find "I'm getting backed into a corner while reloading with three bullets left and there are five enemies" situations horror situations, but rather, stressful situations.

You can make a scary game for the console. But it's always better for immersion purposes to play it on a PC.

I understand everybody has a different viewpoint and opinion. This is mine, and I disagree with yours.
Having attempted to use my Logitech game pad in Amnesia, i can say Amnesia is definitely possible for gaming consoles (although the graphics may not be as great). All it needs is menu navigation suited for consoles. Of course, not everyone has a surround sound system and a modern widescreen TV, but it is possible to get immersed without them.

Also, having seen the thread that attempted to implement the Wii controller for Penumbra, i have to say, that was very interesting.
/two cents
I don't remember any jumpscares from God of War, just annoying quick time events and brutal kills.
Nope this is a bad idea. Why would be want to downgrade a great game with shitty graphics, bad gameplay, and plenty of other issues?
amnesia on consoles what the hell? i heard that FG REALLY wants to release it on consoles and thats a bad move. the game is meant to be played on PC and only on PC with mouse and keyboard! console gamers are mostly casuals and its a waste of time porting and in the end it leads to the game being consolised and thats what would happen, you would no longer have such awesome mechanics amnesia has. hope fg considers that that their market is pc gamers
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39