Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The meaning of the loadscreen...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: dsc01137smal.jpg]
Does somebody know the meaning of this symbol...?
THX
(12-20-2010, 05:29 PM)lordgaertner Wrote: [ -> ][Image: dsc01137smal.jpg]
Does somebody know the meaning of this symbol...?
THX

To look scary and symbolic.

Spoiler below!
Actually the upside down face might have something to do with the fountain of youth you see in the middle of the game
Most of the symbols are symbols of planets, as you can see here:

http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/multimedia/d...?IM_ID=167

If you consider the sun in the center, you might assume that it is a (somewhat unnerving) representation of our solar system. The only symbol I couldn't figure out, is the one under the fork-like one (Neptune).
(12-20-2010, 05:46 PM)Childerich Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the symbols are symbols of planets, as you can see here:

http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/multimedia/d...?IM_ID=167

If you consider the sun in the center, you might assume that it is a (somewhat unnerving) representation of our solar system. The only symbol I couldn't figure out, is the one under the fork-like one (Neptune).

I think each one of those means a parallel universe, the one under Neptune maybe that old dudes home place, where he wants to get back too

I think he was banished from that realm cause he's so evil
Quote:I think each one of those means a parallel universe, the one under Neptune maybe that old dudes home place, where he wants to get back too

I think you're right, I was going to write that, too, but I wasn't sure if it counts as a spoiler and - shame on me - I don't know how to make spoiler tags. BlushBig Grin
Thanks a lot!
(12-20-2010, 06:11 PM)Childerich Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I think each one of those means a parallel universe, the one under Neptune maybe that old dudes home place, where he wants to get back too

I think you're right, I was going to write that, too, but I wasn't sure if it counts as a spoiler and - shame on me - I don't know how to make spoiler tags. BlushBig Grin

haha best way to do it is what ever you want to put as a 'spoiler' simply highlight it and put it in bold so you get
Code:
[b] my spoiler thing goes here [/b]
then all you do is delete the b and type in spoiler so it looks like this
Code:
[spoiler] my spoiler thing goes here [/spoiler]
and you end up with this
Spoiler below!
my spoiler thing goes here
There seems to be more than one version of the planetary/alchemical symbols. The version I found explains the the one Childerich didn't regonise as representing Pluto.
http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/...cal_symbol (scroll down to 'seven planetary metals')
indeed that is correct, so its a map of the solar system

the upside down baby face is creepy, my guess is the baby turned upside down makes the 'third eye'
I cant remember what its supposed to mean, but I might be wrong
@DIGI Byte

Ah, thanks a lot, next time I'll know.

(12-20-2010, 06:46 PM)Sessika Wrote: [ -> ]There seems to be more than one version of the planetary/alchemical symbols. The version I found explains the the one Childerich didn't regonise as representing Pluto.

Good research work, that symbol was in none of the charts I found so far. Never let it be said that you can't learn something from computer games! Cool
Pages: 1 2