Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: 2010-12 Tuesday 21st, See you all next year!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

From all of us, to all of you,

As the year is coming to an end, we here at Frictional Games would like to take a minute to reflect. Four years have past since we first started – four years filled with monsters and terrifying revelations, and we even managed to make a few games. Our latest abomination, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, was released only four months ago and we have been fortunate to receive kind words from both the press as well as our fans.

Earlier this month we were awarded by the popular multimedia news site, IGN, first place in the categorizes: Best of PC 2010 – Coolest Atmosphere and Best of PC 2010 – Best Horror Game. Simply being able to compete with games besting our budget at a hundredfold, is a tremendous feat. Having won, we are humbled and honored.

As the winter solstice is approaching, we feel it is time to take a few days of vacation. This is, after all, when the trolls come out to feed and we will need our strengths to fight them off. 
Meanwhile, feel free to abuse our hospitality by grabbing a copy, or two, of Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Penumbra Collection at a 50% discount. We will be back on the 3rd of January to clean up the mess.

Also, have a look at the neat improvements we’ve done to our shop.

• Taxes(vat) are now included in the displayed price, no matter what country you are in.
  • Your Penumbra Collection-purchase, is no longer limited to one platform. Buy one and play Penumbra on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
  • If you buy both Amnesia: The Dark Descent and the Penumbra Collection we will give you a 40% discount on the second game.
  • All purchases comes with a lifetime backup of all games and serial numbers, available from Frictional Games’ shelf. Well, at least as long as we are around and able to provide the service.
  • We are now able to accept payments via credit cards, PayPal, and mobile phones.

Warm yuletide greetings to you all and a happy new year,
Frictional Games

Well, I wish you a merry Christmas and all the best to the entire dev team in the upcoming year. Here's hoping for another succesful 4 years ! No... Make that forty ! Wink

P.S. I visited your store again and I like what I see. Fantastic discount you have there. I almost feel guilty now, I wouldn't mind paying an extra 2 euros just to directly support FG. It'll probably end up as a breakneck holiday purchase, but I'm willing to establish a new credit card after Christmas, by New Year's Eve. Wish me luck. Tongue
An idea for next game: "Amnesia: Black Requiem"
see what i did there?
hmm..I logged into shelf.frictionalgames.com, but still only see linux version of the game for penumbra collection..T.T

Well..just cant wait for your next game...XD
Summer solstice for me here! Enjoy your holiday, next year we're gunna put you guys to work Tongue

admins are away, it's party time : P
(12-22-2010, 03:11 AM)Vanishing Wrote: [ -> ]hmm..I logged into shelf.frictionalgames.com, but still only see linux version of the game for penumbra collection..T.T

Well..just cant wait for your next game...XD

It's for new purchases that you get all platforms in one. Old purchases can download the executables from http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/ann...ent-4.html and later we might update old orders to include all platforms.
Thank you all from frictional.
I played games very rarely because 99% of all games are not this what I liked to play.
Because I did not want shooter or special-effects, explosions or all kind of american clischées.

Without you (and one developer in Essen, Germany who makes Risen) I would have no games to play and your games are more than only to play. I could not stopping buying them.
Please release a retail of Amnesia and start to create your next horror game. No other developer in the world creates such atmospheric games like you and they have a budget up to 10.000.000 Euros.

I hope you get a name with Amnesia and that you get a place in the gamers minds.

So I hope you have nice christmas and a happy new year.
Please make a new game!!! We all would love it!
Thank you Frictional for giving us these games in the first place. I'm guessing Amnesia was the first game that really made it in between more big-budget games? So, we all wish you the very best for the new year. I think I speak for all of us when I say I'm already looking forward to the next game; even though I'll still enjoy myself quite a bit with Amnesia. Smile

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone at Frictional. Take some time of, you have earned it. :p

Also, on an unrelated note: How did Amnesia do with the latest steam sales? No numbers needed, I just hope it was good. Smile
God jul och gott nytt år!

I like the color scheme of the webstore, ever thought about updating the main webpage to anything like it?
I've been following the steam sale closely, and suggesting amnesia in a good number of forum threads, so it warms my heart everytime it's #1 top seller in the steam charts. There've been quite a few of those days recently, i hope these deals don't loose you guys money or anything. Blush

Edit: oh damn, didnt notice that this thread was over a week old. Sorry for the necromancy!
Pages: 1 2