Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Solved] Widescreen & high resolution support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I unfortunatley only got the boat section to work and I'm about to apply the snow crash fix, I was really enjoying the demo but one thing troubles me.

I have a widescreen monitor with a native resolution of 1920x1200 pixels, which isn't supported, infact widescreen resolutions don't seem to be supported at all. The maximum size I can get is just 1280x1024 pixels. Will the full game support widescreen resolutions? Or if not, a resolution higher than 1280x1024? (Or ideally both!?) Is there a fix for this problem?
I thought that we had added support for some widescreens. However, the simplest solution is to open settings.cfg in "My Documents/Penumbra Overture/Episode 1" and in:

Code:
<Screen Width="800" Height="600" FullScreen="true" Vsync="false" />

change "800" and "600" to the resolution that you want.
Thanks for your help Thomas! Didn't think to look there, it works perfectly & looks fantastic too!
Hello.

I want to look around for info that will help me use my 16/9 tv (Witch i love playing games at, espesially games with good graphics) And i was wondering if in widescreen the game automatically changes the field of view?
Works good simple to find GJ
Problem solved!
What an epic first post.
Question though on this, what kind of program do I use to open that file?
(07-25-2009, 10:22 PM)wildwolf25 Wrote: [ -> ]Question though on this, what kind of program do I use to open that file?

It's really just a text/notepad file...no different than editing a notepad .txt file, if you know what I mean...hope that helps!
(07-29-2009, 04:15 AM)patzi Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2009, 10:22 PM)wildwolf25 Wrote: [ -> ]Question though on this, what kind of program do I use to open that file?

It's really just a text/notepad file...no different than editing a notepad .txt file, if you know what I mean...hope that helps!

well my question is how do I open it? it asks me what program I want to use so do I just use notepad then save it back to the format it was in?