Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Item Request: Wine [SOLVED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Could anyone make a wine item for my custom story? (with an inventory picture etc.)

The work would really be appreciated!
Why not make it yourself? The model editor is all you need.
Ok I'll have a look, thanks!
Ok I fixed the item model but I still need an inventory picture with a wine bottle on it.
Make a fitting screenshot in the Model Editor, delete the black background and save it as a .png. I don't know if certain image dimensions are a must, though.

Edit
Yes, the game doesn't scale your image down (my book filled half the inventory screen), so you should scale it appropriately. Try 100*100px?
Thanks again Frontcannon!

Edit
Ok I got the image, any way to make it transperant in paint?
Also, how to make it useable like a health potion or lamp oil without the requirment of a lantern or damage? Is there a callback function for these sort of things?
So, what do you want to use it for?

There are different types of items, for example Puzzle, Health or Sanity. It's properties are at the HealAmount (or OilAmount) setting.

And you better not use Paint for that Big Grin
I recommend Paint.NET for this. It's free andvery user-friendly. A tutorial to start you off with is here.
Ok thanks mate,

You need to be able to drink the wine

The problem with health is that you need damage to use them and a lantern in your inventory for oil. And will AddUseItemCallback(); work on an oil / health type item?

Thanks in advance.
Well, I still do not know what you are intending to do with that Wine Bottle.

You could try an AddUseItemCallback on the entity "Player", try it out!
Pages: 1 2