Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia Box Art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys! I'm a big fan of Amnesia and out of appreciation for such a great game I thought I would design the box art for it. Let me know what you think!

[Image: amnesiavgb.th.jpg]

http://sess1on.deviantart.com/art/Amnesi...-191337851
I love the cover, except for the monster on the back. It spoils the surprise. Big Grin I would also replace the text 'one player' with 'single player'.
It looks professional!
I would as well replace the "one player" with "single-player".

Personally, I've always liked some jokes on the 'unofficial' covers, such as 80+ as a rating age, etc. Tongue
You should have used the original logo. And it needs color D:
Looks great, like someone said, i woudl have kept the original amnesia font and i would have added a small tint of colour, it woudl just help it a little.

Apart from that its great!
I like how it looks, well done! Though going to agree the most on two things others have said

+ Leave the Grunt out. You get a better sense of dread when you see the monsters for the very first time in the game, so no reason to ruin that ;D

+Needs a little more color. I do like the idea of part of it being dark though, maybe you could do a gradient thing where it's slightly colored near the top of the spiral staircase but the color fades off the farther down the box it goes? That way it looks like a 'dark descent'

Either way it's creative, thanks for showing!
How about blurring the grunt so you definitely see something watching you on the box but you can't actually tell what it is? Also yeah, needs the real logo, and perhaps the rose on the original pretend cover art released by the developers since the rose is a really big symbol throughout the game.
Nice

I agree

-no agrippa
-no monsters
-use amnesia's title text/font
-give a color tint
-single player
-larger frictional games logo on front (cut back on outer glow too)
Also, instead of an ESRB rating (since Amnesia has none), how about one of those disclaimers like you see at the beginnings of Silent Hill games that goes all "Some parts of this game may be considered violent or cruel."
(12-29-2010, 11:45 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: [ -> ]Nice

I agree

-no agrippa
-no monsters
-use amnesia's title text/font
-single player

These.
Pages: 1 2 3