Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Upcoming sequel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all, I have some questions, maybe more for the devs but maybe you could know the answer aswell Wink I hope Im not posting in a wrong section but I couldnt find a better place for this thread.

First, is there going to be a sequel to Amnesia? Or whats going to be the next game from Frictional?

Second, is it possible to create a custom language version of the game? E.g. by rewriting some text files into another language?

And third, Ive been wondering where does the name 'Frictional Games' come from? Is it somehow related to the horror scene?

PF 11111011011 to all Amnesia fans!
1st - No. (Currently untitled / (The Dark Swarm) game using HPL3 engine)
2nd - Yes.
3rd - No idea. Tongue
The Dark Swarm ?

is it the name of their next game ?

if it is, it kinda rocks ^^
The name of the company could possibly come from the name of Thomas Grip.
Because you know
gripping things
and stuff

Deu sex, "The Dark Swarm" is the name of their secret website. They host some content for Amnesia there and the front page seems to be some sort of unfinished web-game.
Quote:The name of the company could possibly come from the name of Thomas Grip.
Because you know
gripping things
and stuff

Haha, that's funny. Tongue

Although his name is actually Griffin if translated from Swedish "Grip" (greep). Tongue
(01-02-2011, 02:07 PM)Scraper Wrote: [ -> ]1st - No. (Currently untitled / (The Dark Swarm) game using HPL3 engine)
2nd - Yes.
3rd - No idea. Tongue

2nd: Ehem..Id be grateful for a link to that thread or some tutorial..? And is it possible for Penumbra aswell?
(01-02-2011, 02:27 PM)Deu sex Wrote: [ -> ]The Dark Swarm ?

is it the name of their next game ?

As Lee said, they host content on there.
But why would Frictional Games buy a domain for just hosting things? Wink
I believe that it has something to do with the untitled game they are working on.

I might be wrong too, but will see what happens.
For the third one, there is probably no reason for it. When I was trying to figure out a name for my studio I came up with tons of names that had nothing to do with what kind of games we made or anything, they were totally random. Like: Incognito Studios, D-Pad Games, Shoelace Interactive... It is usually something random that you see or hear, and it just sounds cool so you go with it. It could be that they were coding the friction in their physics engine at the time and they thought it would sound cool...(they were right!) Big Grin
Hmm, Dark Swarm sounds pretty much like a Horror Game.
I was scared because I heard in an interview (which probaly was fake)
that they would be sick of horror now and tried something else.
Evidence that their game may not be horror can be found in the following:
http://helldescent.com/2010/11/18/we-tal...nal-games/
http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/develope...nal-games/
http://www.avault.com/news/podcast-news/...omas-grip/ (skip to 37 minutes in)

I also remember some other sources, so yeah, the beast of sheer terror is hibernating.
Pages: 1 2