Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Fatal Error!! SOMEONE CALL THE DOCTOR!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, my friend just gifted me Amnesia, and I tried to play it. It started up fine the first time, and then I restarted because I changed the audio settings to my G35 headset. Every time I hit launch game on the launcher I get Fatal Error: Renderer #0 cannot be initialized.

I have a Intel i7 860 CPU and a Nvidia 8800 GTS graphics card, and I updated the drivers on the graphics card two times in the past hour, nothing working.

Also, using bugmenot account because I'm lazy. Sue me =D
It may be that the game is trying to use the Intel card instead of the Nvidia card. try disabling your intel card completely, then try running the game.
(01-04-2011, 05:19 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: [ -> ]It may be that the game is trying to use the Intel card instead of the Nvidia card. try disabling your intel card completely, then try running the game.

Well, problem here is that okay it will start up and I can play with no problems, then quit and try to launch it again it gives me the error, so I have to restart my computer.

Slightly annoying.
(01-06-2011, 02:57 AM)bugmenot Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2011, 05:19 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: [ -> ]It may be that the game is trying to use the Intel card instead of the Nvidia card. try disabling your intel card completely, then try running the game.

Well, problem here is that okay it will start up and I can play with no problems, then quit and try to launch it again it gives me the error, so I have to restart my computer.

Slightly annoying.

Yea It must be (I'm not a PC-Tech but) that it uses the Nvidia card first, then when you try to do it the 2nd time, it uses the Intel. When you open the game and settings open up, what Video card does it say your using?
(01-09-2011, 07:49 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-06-2011, 02:57 AM)bugmenot Wrote: [ -> ]

Slightly annoying.

Yea It must be (I'm not a PC-Tech but) that it uses the Nvidia card first, then when you try to do it the 2nd time, it uses the Intel. When you open the game and settings open up, what Video card does it say your using?

My Nvidia card.
disable your integrated card in device manager.
I think another user solved his issue by forcing vsync off in the control panel for nvidia.
There's no other GPU in device manager but my nvidia card. I tried forcing off vsync to no avail.
Perhaps deleted the main_settings.cfg from My Documents/Amnesia/ to start with the original settings that worked the first time you played the game.
Jens, nope. I tried and it only reset the settings, the settings have nothing to do with it.