Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia = One of the Best Games Ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I just wanted to thank Frictional Games for Amnesia. I've been "gaming" since Nintendo first came out, and I think that Amnesia is certainly in my list of the top 3 best games I've ever played.

After reading many comments on this forum and elsewhere, I have to say that the scariest part was the near intolerable tension that this game provoked within me. Like the developers have said in interviews, the true horrors lie in a person's imagination. They very artfully toyed with my fears to make me jump at even minor things. I think it was used to a brilliant effect. As one review said, after you get killed it's kind of a let down because you know what to expect.

Anyway, I know it's unlikely that any developer will read this, but I'll post it none the less as a thank you to all their hard work. I'm probably going to now go back and order the Penumbra series to give it a shot.

Given the money issues they've mentioned in the past, I think they ought to think about a pre-ording packages for their next title. I know I'd be on board with anything they're going after next.
Yes, Amnesia is a very good game.
I like horror but I don't like any horror game in the world.
Only Penumbra and Amnesia are that, I ever wanted to see.
Frictional Games is unique!!! They are real heroes for me!

It's a shame, that this games are so unknown.
All the world is playing EA Games bloody horror shooters.

But horror is not brutality. Real horror is a self opening door or steps you're hearing in the darkness for example.
I know!!

I just facebooked it, so hopefully someone will check it out.
(01-04-2011, 09:29 PM)Splint Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to thank Frictional Games for Amnesia. I've been "gaming" since Nintendo first came out, and I think that Amnesia is certainly in my list of the top 3 best games I've ever played.

After reading many comments on this forum and elsewhere, I have to say that the scariest part was the near intolerable tension that this game provoked within me. Like the developers have said in interviews, the true horrors lie in a person's imagination. They very artfully toyed with my fears to make me jump at even minor things. I think it was used to a brilliant effect. As one review said, after you get killed it's kind of a let down because you know what to expect.

Anyway, I know it's unlikely that any developer will read this, but I'll post it none the less as a thank you to all their hard work. I'm probably going to now go back and order the Penumbra series to give it a shot.

Given the money issues they've mentioned in the past, I think they ought to think about a pre-ording packages for their next title. I know I'd be on board with anything they're going after next.

That's just the most awesome thing on amnesia. Some times i got scared with ridiculous things. But 3 moments that i got scared as hell was:
Spoiler below!
the entire prison, the brute at the sewer, and specially on the choir, I didn't knew i couldn't run and have the lantern on, then the monster music started but there was no monsters there, so i stood still and suddenly the monster appeared right in front of me and i literally jumped out of my chair @_@
My top 10 games..

Deus Ex
STALKER: SOC
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect
Dragon Age: Origins
Dark Messiah
Penumbra: Overture
Penumbra: Black Plague
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Red Alert 2
Red Alert over Red Alert 2? The second one was so cheesy. Of all those games, though, Dark Messiah seems the most out of place. It was so buggy, I could barely get through it until my hardware was enough to presumably brute force past the memory leaks &c. The ending(s) were also quite flat.
Combat made it really. I didn't have bugs at all on my first playthough, however on win7 it seems to have a mem leak, some levels it just slows down to a halt unless you save/reload every min.

Got it working in Linux with Wine with only a few graphical issues though. I won't be adding the Witcher in until I finish but I feel it'll be getting into at least the top 15 if not top 10.
(01-05-2011, 01:53 AM)Bek Wrote: [ -> ]My top 10 games..

Deus Ex
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect
Dark Messiah
Red Alert 2

lol ! if youre a girl, then marry me please ! (nearly the same top ten !!!!!)

XD
(01-05-2011, 03:43 PM)Deu sex Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2011, 01:53 AM)Bek Wrote: [ -> ]My top 10 games..

Deus Ex
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect
Dark Messiah
Red Alert 2

lol ! if youre a girl, then marry me please ! (nearly the same top ten !!!!!)

XD

...and if he is a man? :|
in this case, i'm screwed ! ^^ XD

only joking !
Pages: 1 2 3 4