Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia lagging/slow on menu/game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfortunately, my Amnesia game is slow when I play it. The only way it gets faster is when I put the whole game in low shadows, texture, resolution, no SSAO, no edgesmooth, world reflection, etc. My GeForce 6150 LE is already updated, I turned off most of the background programs I don't need, and have done all of the other things that were listed in the Official Troubleshooting Thread for Windows. My computer is also clean of all viruses (as far as I can tell). I also checked on CanYouRunIt and it says Im capable of playing the game. Should I disable all my background programs or is it something else? Thanks!
Im also running a Windows Vista Service Pack 1
Using a 6150SE should be done with the settings you are using, it is the very low end of supported cards, so it is not capable of running with any of the higher settings.
(01-10-2011, 07:50 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Using a 6150SE should be done with the settings you are using, it is the very low end of supported cards, so it is not capable of running with any of the higher settings.

Because Im in the process of getting a new computer (for work purposes) what type of graphic card would you recommend?
(01-10-2011, 02:17 PM)dragonwar Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2011, 07:50 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Using a 6150SE should be done with the settings you are using, it is the very low end of supported cards, so it is not capable of running with any of the higher settings.

Because Im in the process of getting a new computer (for work purposes) what type of graphic card would you recommend?

a good one... o-o
ati are cheaper, and nvidia have physx and 3d and stuff
I really can't recommend anything, more than to make sure it is a dedicated graphics card from ATI (AMD) or NVIDIA.

I think you are better of aiming for a mid or high end graphics card from the previous generation rather than buying a low end card from the current generation.