Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Can't move bed in prison to get to hole in floor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, everyone. I just registered for this forum and I'm from New York.

I ran into a problem with the first Prison level in Amnesia. That's the one where you have to get the Hammer and Chipper, move the bed in the cell to uncover the small hole, and then use the Hammer and Chipper to make the whole bigger, so you can drop down and complete the level.

Well, I did everything, but I am unable to move the bed to get at the hole. I became frustrated so I looked at a Walkthrough, and it simply says, "Move the bed..." Apparently, it's supposed to be a simple thing, but I can't move it. Then I looked at a video Walkthrough and during the Flashback with Mother and Daughter, the bed just seems to move by itself to uncover the hole.

Anyway, I am stuck. I have the Hammer and Chipper, I got the Flashback in the room, but I simply cannot move the bed to get to the hole. I tried moving it with my hand icon, throwing things at it, etc., but to no avail. It's very frustrating because I can't continue the game without completing this level. Huh

Am I doing something wrong or did I just encounter a bug or a glitch?

Can anyone please tell me how to move the bed?
If not, is there a cheat code I can use to get to the next level?
Finally, if all else fails, can anyone email me a saved game file for the Northern Prison, which comes right after the level I am stuck on, so I can continue the game?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dominick Fontana
Make sure you grab the bed with the hand icon, then press w s a or d to move the bed Wink
(01-15-2011, 03:47 AM)xiphirx Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you grab the bed with the hand icon, then press w s a or d to move the bed Wink

Wow, what a fast response. I think I did that, but I'll try it again now and get back to you.

Thanks.

Boy, do I feel silly. Presto; it worked perfectly. I've been playing video games since Pong and had the Atari 2600 VCS and I have no idea why I couldn't figure out how to move the bed. I guess I was just grabbing the bed with the hand and moving the mouse, instead of using the movement keys.

Well, I'm in the Northern Prison now and I am all set.

Thank you so very much and I appreciate the fast response. Smile
Are you sure you're in the correct room ?
because some other wrong room has bed too...
(01-15-2011, 08:35 PM)bugmenot Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you're in the correct room ?
because some other wrong room has bed too...

Well, yes; I was in the correct room. It was the room where the flashback occurred. If you look above, I did move the bed and escaped, and moved on.

Thanks for your suggestion, anyway.
I had this problem too
it finally moved but I have no idea what I did LOL
its like...it got this bluish glow and then moved

I had a problem with this also
it took me a long time to figure it out
How did you move the debris in wine cellar to get out of the door?
Is was normally the same work.
(12-06-2011, 10:11 PM)SierenH Wrote: [ -> ]its like...it got this bluish glow and then moved

That's the little sanity boost when you solve something (mostly puzzles)
Hey I saw ur post but I have a problem of my own with that hole, I know ur supposed to widen it or something but my bug is that I jumped down the hole before widening it or even knowing I had to. Now im down inside the tunnel and cant get out. Any help? Huh

Nvm I jumped off the map and tried again, but this time I walked ontop of the hole and jumped and still fell in, serious glitch there.
Pages: 1 2