Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: penumbra book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey do you think penumbra could be made into a book the story is very interesting and mysteries i think it would make a great book what do you think?
We don't know anything of the story yet D;
HiViH Wrote:We don't know anything of the story yet D;
we know the begining and on the demo he said if fate frowns we all perish why do we all perish its very exiting
P:
So.. ? :E
We still don't know anything about it to judge.
So right now it has a "mysterious" begining, still doesn't say how good it is.
I could write a book on Penumbra! There is so much potential to the series. Elect me to the task!

Guru
We have alot of work put into the story, but if you like it or not is to been seen Wink Hopefully you all will!
well I don't know if the book can be good as the interactive game but then again I think i have been wrong before
I don't know if Penumbra's story, as great as it is (so far) would work as a "passive" one, like in a book.
In a written story, all that stuff that goes on in the player's head, would have to be written, otherwise it's just a series of events, not a story, and that wouldn'T be easy. you have to create the atmosphere of the game, without boring the reader with detailed descriptions.

Robster

It would probably be best to wait untill all three episodes have been beaten, then you will have a better jist of the story. But you would still need to write it very well so it dosn't just end up as a series of events.
The developers have the basic storyline, and the only thing that is needed is a skilled author to write the stuff around the story. It could be done, even to the point of being a bestseller if done very well.

Of this I am certain.

/Breaker