Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Please help a GREAT cause and HELP in making a difference in the Games Industry !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright my fellow Forumanites, this is something near and dear to my heart: PC gamers getting jipped. You'd think that publishers would be more kind to, you know, people who buy their directly ported games from console to PC, and generally support the market as much as possible. As a PC gamer, I've watched a lot of my favorite series get "consolized", like Battlefield, and so it hurts to watch PC gamers as a whole get jipped in another way: No DLC that is standard for other games, games that have this DLC on day 1.

We're posting a petition for something along these lines; many people have been pretty miffed about the fact that the Dead Space 2 port from console to PC has some fairly standard DLC not available to it, something which makes very little sense. Additionally, PC gamers had to pay the exact same price (60 USD) to get less than what console gamers are getting.

Sign this petition, even if you don't play Dead Space 2, and even if you aren't a PC gamer. Why? Because it's this type of stuff that also allows publishers to make deals with Gamestop for "exclusive" DLC, for pushing profits over us gamers. By showing your support, you can help tell EA that all games should be equal on all consoles.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ds2pc/petition.html

And please, tell your friends who game, tell anyone who will lend an ear. Send them this petition. We should make it known that gamers want the industry they helped build back.

Thank You ! Smile
How about voting with your wallet and just not buying the game?
Petitions lol, when have those ever made a difference~
What I think is happening is that developers are getting extra pay from Microsoft/Sony to make their games more accessible to console gamers. If they sell X units on the 360, they get $X from Microsoft. This would encourage developers to keep the PC version less-attractive than the console versions, whether it means removing PC gaming staples such as dedicated servers (CoD6), dumbing down gameplay and controls (almost any sequel out there), or leaving out special DLC that only consoles get (Dead Space 2).
Dead Space 2 is a port? '-'
Dead Space was a terrible port, but Dead Space 2 have so good mechanics that i thought it was originally made for PC.
Suggestion: wait a year and get the GOTY version with all DLC included for that same price, 60, or possibly a lot less if there's a sale on steam.
get over it, the big companies have been screwing you and everybody out there for years, you should be used to it by now.
You think that is bad? Try living in Europe where they use the same prices in EUR as in USD.

60 USD = 60 EUR, great logic eh? That makes 81.684 USD with the current rates.
yeah in my country games are like 30% more expensive and theres not much to chose from
(01-30-2011, 12:29 PM)Tottel Wrote: [ -> ]Try living in Europe where they use the same prices in EUR as in USD.

If that were me, I'd try register a steam account as a US account through a proxy, and use paypal to disguise my billing address. I think that would work?
Pages: 1 2