Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The North American box art is terrible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(01-31-2011, 05:22 PM)Niklas Wrote: [ -> ]is this actually real? is there going to be a box?

well yeah... why wouldn't there be?
That looks just awful. To be honest, it would be better not to have a boxed version at all instead of that hideous cover art.
The american box art looks like shit.
But it's not for me, it's for the americans.
They have a terrible clichée and therefore they would have a box art like this one.
And I think, they don't like this game, because there are no guns and no explosions and no blood effects or massacres.
(01-31-2011, 08:40 AM)Xanatos Wrote: [ -> ]Are Americans just that good at ruining other people's shit? The English language, television shows, foreign movies/videogame series, weapons, cars, food, art, music, politics, and at least six different countries.
im american and agree with all of that.
Didn't even realize it was getting a release at retail in the US. Hate the box art, it doesn't really fit the game in any way. Still, will buy a retail copy to:

1) Have an actual physical copy, for various reasons such as display/collecting purposes, and to have it as a backup..just in case anything were to necessitate it.

2) Support Frictional even further.
Voted north american just to troll, but seriously speaking its frictional games game. Cant they atleast remove the over the top monster from the cover ?

Also speaking about the covers, the reason why VALVe actually chose an cover what has nohting more than green backround, an zombie hand with 4 fingers and the title "left 4 dead" is that the cover actually got people intersted in the game, they did experiments with most covers they did and the hand one got the most attention.
(01-31-2011, 08:42 PM)Arvuti Wrote: [ -> ]Voted north american just to troll, but seriously speaking its frictional games game. Cant they atleast remove the over the top monster from the cover ?

Also speaking about the covers, the reason why VALVe actually chose an cover what has nohting more than green backround, an zombie hand with 4 fingers and the title "left 4 dead" is that the cover actually got people intersted in the game, they did experiments with most covers they did and the hand one got the most attention.

i doubt that frictional has any control over it now... it a shame because they probably paid to get that cover...
Quote:I'm American, and I think the box art was terrible.
C'mon, no need to be american to see how terrible the box art is Tongue
(01-31-2011, 09:51 PM)Zoridium JackL Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2011, 08:42 PM)Arvuti Wrote: [ -> ]Voted north american just to troll, but seriously speaking its frictional games game. Cant they atleast remove the over the top monster from the cover ?

i doubt that frictional has any control over it now... it a shame because they probably paid to get that cover...

No offense to the creator of the cover art but for some reason I think that the maker of the cover art just thought "ehh some shity low budget "horror" game, will slap some shit together and get paid".
Although the new box art is disgusting, the old one was not great either. I thought i liked until I thought to myself "would I pick this up at a store, not knowing what it was going in?" Right away I knew I would not, in fact I may even chose the moronic disco fever new one over that one, because it says something. The art DEFINITELY needs to be re-done. Something like a dark corridor with a light at the end would get people more interested...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11