Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Custom_stories file cannot be located.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so to give you all the details
i'm running Mac OS X 10.6.4, 2.8ghz intel core 2 duo, 2.5gb ram
i downloaded Amnesia through Steam over the christmas holidays, completed it, fantastic game.
I thought i'd try out the custom stories, but didn't know how to do it. So i looked online and found the forum, it explained everything i needed to know, download the file, extract the content, put it in the custom stories file ect.
So i tried this, and got as far as extracting the content of the file, but didn't know where to go from there.
I did some more research, trawling through threads on this forum, and a few other pages. I came across someone who said to
go to the Amnesia Application;
right click->show package contents->Contents->Resources-> then drop into the "custom_stories" file. For the guy who posted the help thread this worked, but when i tried i got to the resources file but there was no "custom_stories"
I tried making my own, but of course that didn't work...
Any suggestions as to what i can do?
Cheers
That is for non-steam releases of Amneisa. for Steam releases there should be a custom_stories folder on the "amnesia the dark descent" folder in your SteamApps cache.
Ah thank you very much for the quick reply.
I'm not on my imac right now but i'll take a look at that tomorrow and let you know if it worked!
Cheers