Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Linux Beta Demo and Feedback (1.0.1 Final Out)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
opened the tracker page, but no torrent file there ??? could it possible because i'm using firefox ???
walter Wrote:opened the tracker page, but no torrent file there ??? could it possible because i'm using firefox ???

You probably have some extension installed that is improperly blocking content.   The tracker page loads up in Safari, Opera and Firefox fine for me across Mac and Linux.
great game,

the following libs have to be replaced out of this packages for debian etch_64

libalut0_1.1.0-1_i386.deb libstdc++6_4.1.1-21_i386.deb
libogg0_1.1.3-2_i386.deb libvorbis0a_1.1.2.dfsg-1.2_i386.deb
libopenal0a_0.0.8-4_i386.deb libvorbisfile3_1.1.2.dfsg-1.2_i386.deb

Where can I buy the packaged version in Germany ?

Michael
Really nice game!

To get it to work under Debian, I had to delete everything in the ./lib directory except libCgGL.so and libCg.so

Sound in intro cuts out at the end of phrases.

Otherwise, perfect!

Ends too quickly though Smile

Can't wait for the full version!
lunadog Wrote:To get it to work under Debian, I had to delete everything in the ./lib directory except libCgGL.so and libCg.so

It works too, if you change the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib:/lib:./lib !

Ano
Ano Wrote:
lunadog Wrote:To get it to work under Debian, I had to delete everything in the ./lib directory except libCgGL.so and libCg.so

It works too, if you change the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib:/lib:./lib !

Ano
Maybe that could be set in the launcher, something like:
Code:
LD_LIBRARYPATH=$LD_LIBRARYPATH:./lib
Wink
Does not work for Ubuntu 6.06 on i386
Added patch from PenumbraDemoBeta2.tar.gz

The output is the following:

denis@ubuntu:~/PenumbraEp1Demo$ ./penumbrademo
./penumbrademo.bin: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./lib/libogg.so.0)
./penumbrademo.bin: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./lib/libvorbis.so.0)
./penumbrademo.bin: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./lib/libvorbisfile.so.3)
./penumbrademo.bin: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./lib/libopenal.so.0)
./penumbrademo.bin: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./lib/libalut.so.0)
./penumbrademo.bin: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./lib/libstdc++.so.6)
./penumbrademo.bin: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by ./lib/libstdc++.so.6)
Penumbra exited unexpectedly, please check
/home/denis/.frictionalgames/Penumbra Overture/Episode1/hpl.log
for any error messages
Also try running
ulimit -c unlimited
And re-running Penumbra and try and recreate the error
then submit the generated core file or stack trace

Ubuntu 6.06 does not have glibc 2.4, so easiest way to run this game is to upgrade Ubuntu to 6.10 or to the 7.04.
DeeKey Wrote:Does not work for Ubuntu 6.06 on i386
Added patch from PenumbraDemoBeta2.tar.gz

The output is the following:

denis@ubuntu:~/PenumbraEp1Demo$ ./penumbrademo
./penumbrademo.bin: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./lib/libogg.so.0)
./penumbrademo.bin: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./lib/libvorbis.so.0)
./penumbrademo.bin: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./lib/libvorbisfile.so.3)
./penumbrademo.bin: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./lib/libopenal.so.0)
./penumbrademo.bin: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./lib/libalut.so.0)
./penumbrademo.bin: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./lib/libstdc++.so.6)
./penumbrademo.bin: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by ./lib/libstdc++.so.6)

Ubuntu 6.06 does not have glibc 2.4, so easiest way is to upgrade to 6.10 to the 7.04.

Or you can replace the libs mentioned with ones from ubuntu 6.06.
The next build I'm going to work on getting it linked to glibc 2.3.
Running on Kubuntu Edgy here, dual Opteron 246/Asus K8N-DL, NForce4 audio, GeForce 6600 with the latest NVIDIA drivers. Works fine with the Beta 2 update (even while running Beryl!), except for the seemingly known problem of intro speech samples cutting out too early. Good work, and can't wait for the release!
After reading a bit more about the sound cuts in during the intro, and since I have not experienced such an issue, maybe this is from the length of the buffer ALSA is using? I've got an EMU10K1 based sound card (CLSB Live!), and the default the buffer size for this card is of about 4096, though some apps (audacity) can use a buffer of 8192... Maybe trying to increase this buffer may help? I've also noticed that a lot of people reporting these problems run with onboard sound (not that that's bad or anything, but rather that maybe the buffers are smaller, causing sound stuttering and probably other aureal artifacts).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19