Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Linux Beta Demo and Feedback (1.0.1 Final Out)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Miles Prower Wrote:Works like a charm. I have yet to compare the performances with the demo running in Linux (Ubuntu 7.04 Herd5 here) and XP, just for kicks.

Why isn't the Linux demo mentionned on the website? The "Demo" link only shows the Windows one.

Currently the Linux demo is a beta.. Once I get the sound bug fixed and get an optimized build done I will be releasing another beta. When that is tested and stable it will be officially released on the main website.
Great Wink

BTW I'd really enjoy a screen resolution of 1280x800 (laptop stuff). The game's render effects are a bit hard on my ATI Mobility X1600, but it's a lot of fun to play ^^
Urkle Wrote:
Miles Prower Wrote:Works like a charm. I have yet to compare the performances with the demo running in Linux (Ubuntu 7.04 Herd5 here) and XP, just for kicks.

Why isn't the Linux demo mentionned on the website? The "Demo" link only shows the Windows one.

Currently the Linux demo is a beta.. Once I get the sound bug fixed and get an optimized build done I will be releasing another beta. When that is tested and stable it will be officially released on the main website.

haha good news Smile
Sound is much better, and I've not found any issue yet in the new demo Smile
Two things :
1°) The game is jerky when rotating the view, but it's quite odd : if it's the case, it'll be as long as the game run, and it can be fixed by relaunching the game ( the bug appears randomly ).
2°) I've played with gravity settings, and the character isn't affected at all
I´m seeding now Beta3 on my root Server Smile Demo and Patch.
Hi,
thanks for Linux Client. The game (beta3) runs very well.

Ubuntu 6.10
Nvidia 5200 FX

Regards,
BjA
Good work, runs fine on the systems I tried it on. Slight issue with the sound on the second machine, but other people seem to be having a similar problem.

Good to see a new commercial game supporting linux. Hope I can buy it soon!
Beta3 works perfectly now, no more static sound, and the spoken intro is not cut at the end anymore.

Thanks

Kubuntu Feisty 7.04
nvidia 6800 agp
pete Wrote:Good work, runs fine on the systems I tried it on. Slight issue with the sound on the second machine, but other people seem to be having a similar problem.
What sound issue do you have on the second machine?

Quote:Good to see a new commercial game supporting linux. Hope I can buy it soon!
We are working hard on getting the store setup so we can start selling it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19