Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia "Quit Unexpectedly" Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just bought Amnesia for my Mac from your website, and it keeps quitting.
I was wondering if there was some way to either fix the error or get my money back.

Also, I got the Patch Up thingy. Still not working.
help would be appreciated!!!
Can you provide more details about your computer? (Version of Mac OS, video card, x86 ppc?) Also can you click the "show details" on that dialog and copy/paste those details.

Also can you attach the hpl.log file (located in your home folder under Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/Amnesia/Main)

Also, Did the demo for Amnesia run correctly?
Sadly, I can't provide many details since my dad bought this computer for me, and it was used.
The demo doesn't work either.

I'm just really not sure what to do /:
Apple menu -> about this mac -> and you can see what version of Mac OS X you have and also what Processor you have. Then you click More info... Graphics/Display and you can see what graphics card you have (Chipset Model: ).
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.4f12
Serial Number (system): 4H62981KU9B
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0016CBCEA044
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Mac OS X Version 10.6.6
Processor 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo

(Not sure what info you needed, so copy and pasted everything)
Almost correct, need the info from the Graphics/Display section, this is from the general (or something like that).
Chipset Model: GMA 950
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x27a2
Revision ID: 0x0003
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

THERE!!!!
Haha anything else?
That is correct info! But unfortunately it is also not good, because the GMA 950 is below requierments to run the game. You can contact support (details in the receipt) for refund options.
this is going to sound stupid, but is there any way to get it to meet requirements?

(I know NOTHING about computers, mind you.)
Unfortunately since the GMA 950 is an integrated graphics chip, and you are using the original macbook, there is no way to get around this.. You have to but a newer macbook that has an nvidia chipset in it (which all current models do. Apple thankfully stopped using the Intel GMA graphics chips)
Pages: 1 2 3