Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Reason for the darkness?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I did a search but couldn't find an existing thread on the subject.

If you recall in one flashback, Daniel questions Alexander why it's so dark in Brennenburg but we never get a solid answer. Does Alexander need to hide from his servants too or what? Or is he like me and just wishes to develop his nightvision?
Uh, it's probably more likely that Alexander is breeding/creating a beastiary of unholy creatures and they don't do so well in well-lit areas. He probably also wishes to hide the fact that he's doing unspeakable horrors in his castle and also uses the chaotic darkness to help prey on people's minds if they do manage to escape his clutches for a time.
Imo the Darkness is Daniels guilt(when his Amnesia weras off) that has manifest into this world to consume him in the end.
I think it's because it's a largely underground castle with a poor lighting scheme.
(02-04-2011, 03:11 PM)mattwestwick Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's because it's a largely underground castle with a poor lighting scheme.

I don't think it is that.
Since Alexander himself said something like: "Yes, and there is a good reason for it..." .
I'm thinking it might have something to do with the Shadow, but I don't think it's about to be deterred by that. That's like a bird being afraid of heights.
I always thought he kept it dark to somewhat conceal his servants (I mean, you think Daniel would have noted on just how the 'skulking' servants looked if he saw those things) though that's a pretty weak reason, I'll admit.

Or maybe Xander just likes the dark? (and will burn to ashes at the slightest inch of sunlight /shot)

This is an interesting topic, I'm glad someone brought it up!
(02-04-2011, 03:17 PM)Scraper Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2011, 03:11 PM)mattwestwick Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's because it's a largely underground castle with a poor lighting scheme.

I don't think it is that.
Since Alexander himself said something like: "Yes, and there is a good reason for it..." .

he does say that, but it is still a largely underground castle with a poor lighting scheme, that probably contributes.
Hide all of the horrible things that Alexander is doing? D:
I think hanging a few sheets in front of the rooms where the atrocities were committed would be more effective.
Pages: 1 2 3