Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The End of Us
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A small but incredibly well-designed flash game made in 48 hours for some competition. I urge you to play it before reading the summary at the bottom of the page.

http://www.the-end-of-us.com/
Cool.
Considering when 4+ years of work concludes terrible game designs, just 48 hours is something to be ashamed of for some people.
wow. that was good, man.
This is probably one of the most absolutely adorable things I've seen posted on this forum.
Oh wow it's so beautiful.

Needs more violence and nudity.
Also how many people died when the comet hit earth?
(02-10-2011, 12:19 PM)mattwestwick Wrote: [ -> ]Also how many people died when the comet hit earth?

Spoiler below!
One. My friend comet! Sad
This would have been so epic narrated by Morgan Freeman...
No, just no. Go away.

This was designed to show how stories can be told in games unconventionally, without writing or cutscenes. Instead, it uses non-verbal communication as you connect with Orange Comet by trying to interpret what it's doing. Having narration would completely ruin the idea.
I cannot express how interesting and intelligent this idea and game design is, i really appreciated the experience, i've played it 3 times now. They have indeed something great at their hands that might improve gameplay. What i wonder is, will they know what to do with this little brilliant thing they have?
May you forgive me for my bad english.
My regards.
That's a really great idea.

The orange comet reminds me of Alyx Vance from Half-Life in a way; a character that I got attached through not by dialogue, but by action. In a video-game, a player can become attached to the most abstract object. Heck, when I was playing Amnesia, I even got attached to the lantern.
Pages: 1 2