Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Your favourite developer/s other than frictional games ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Pixel, the guy that made Cave Story.
Recently gained respect for CD Projeckt Red from playing The Witcher. Also: Bioware, GSC, valve is ok I guess.
In no particular order: Telltale Games, Irrational Games, Gearbox, Valve, Bioware, Obsidian Entertainment, Snowblind Studios, Raven Software, id Software, Nerve Software, Turbine, Runic Games.
Black Isle/Troika, Bungie (for Myth), Silicon Knights (pre-Too Human), Relic, Westwood/Petroglyph, Double Fine, ACE team, Amanita Design.

Huge appreciation for all developers that release/license/leak their code to the fanbase to help facilitate continued fanpatches and support if and when they know they cannot themselves.
If we're counting studios that are out of business, Black Isle, Troika, Rogue Entertainment, Looking Glass Studios, and Ion Storm were good too. Sad
DICE and Blizzard
(03-02-2011, 04:13 AM)davva Wrote: [ -> ]DICE and Blizzard

I was a DICE fan until Bad Company 2, now I'm conflicted. Confused
Blizzard needs to hire more writers who can say no to Metzen.

IO Interactive would have been on my list for Hitman, but we'll see if I can forget Kane and Lynch when Hitman 5 arrives.

Rocksteady is a new favorite, seeing as Batman: AA is getting a sequel.
Uhmmm...
Cyan Games, GSC Game World, Obsidian Entertainment, Valve, Harmonix, Quantic Dream and Frictional are my favourites.

My fav. games from them:
realMYST, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP, Neverwinter Nights 2, Portal, RockBand, Indigo Prophecy and Amnesia. Smile
Ice Pick Lodge is pretty cool. They've only made two games but both have been extremely interesting, and just different.
THQ, even though it's more of a publisher I guess. I like that they're willing to take chances and publish stuff like Metro 2033 and STALKER: SOC.
CD Projekt Red because they made one of my favorite RPGs ever, The Witcher (and can't wait for 2). Plus they run GOG.
Pages: 1 2 3