Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: La Caza [Updated Demo] [Video]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
La Caza
DISCLAIMER/REQUEST: If you are able to record yourself while playing this demo, please do so and upload it to a video streaming service (YouTube, LiveStream, etc.). And please do a "blind" run, as it will help this team in creating scarier game play! Thank you.

What's Changed?
-Nothing from the main story, if you played the first released demo, you're not missing a whole lot. The two sewer levels have been combined to attempt to remove a bug that crashed the main game, making the demo theoretically playable on ver. 1.0.

Video:
Cry Plays: Amnesia Custom Story: La Caza [Demo] [P1]
Cry Plays: Amnesia Custom Story: La Caza [Demo] [P2]

Amnesia Custom Story: La Caza

Yoda Plays Amnesia Custom Story: La Caza [Part 1]
Yoda Plays Amnesia Custom Story: La Caza [Part 2]

Xxs' Blind Let's Play of La Caza:

[Part 1]
[Part 2]
[Part 3]
[Part 4]

Synopsis: A scientist receives a letter from a colleague but their plans are adverted when the plane's engines fail, stranding our protagonist in the wilds of the jungle.

Features:
  • Voice Acting
  • Outdoor Maps
  • Custom Loading Stills
  • Original Story
  • Spanning over 11 maps in total.

This is the first demo produced in about a month's time by a two man team dubbed, "NINJA-SAMURAI," composed of:

Russ Money
Equil

We attempted this as professionally as we could.

Screen shots:
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

Distribution:

2Shared Download
MediaFire Download
MegaUpload Download

Please read the La Caza_ReadMe.txt for installation instructions and additional notes/credits.
Really the best custom story I played so far. Wink
Your scripting was nice, the level design was new and fresh.
Only thing I did not like is that important items (like the lever handle) were not highlighted so it was hard to see. Sometimes I also picked items up (the hammer and the chicel) and didn't know what I needed them for, so I ran around and see where I could use them.
And another thing: The monster chase was fun, but at a certain point it just ignored me and I could walk in front of it and it would just keep standing there. Besides, the room where the monster came from needs a ceiling. Wink

All in all, great story so far, keep it up!
it was an awsome demo but just some things that need to be changed like the monster just standing there and when i got into the "monster room" i could look everywhere out the map :p while i was standing on that bed. And ive been walking around for minutes with that lever part
but overall it was nice Smile
A great custom story.
But from some reason,the game crashed twice to me in the sewer part.

I had to restart the game,and finally i somehow managed to finish the custom story.
That problem happened just to me? Tongue
(02-28-2011, 04:31 PM)Need4Power Wrote: [ -> ]A great custom story.
But from some reason,the game crashed twice to me in the sewer part.

I had to restart the game,and finally i somehow managed to finish the custom story.
That problem happened just to me? Tongue

I had no crashs. Cool
Spoiler below!
I'd suggest giving a memento or a message about the lock when you try to open the door leading to the tower; I got pretty frustrated when I didn't notice the padlock at first.

Other than that, great custom story!
Sound interesting and unique! Hope to check this out as soon as my internet gets installed in my new place.
I still need to play your custom story, but something I've read here has caught my eye: How did you remove the blue-ish highlight from interactable items?
Yes unique story!

but seems i have a buggy:

wneh i walk down to the well
[Image: amnesia2011022822001467.th.jpg]

the game crashes to desktop with error
[Image: errorgsz.th.png]

whatta hell?
anyone walk through this well?Huh
(02-28-2011, 09:02 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: [ -> ]Yes unique story!

but seems i have a buggy:

wneh i walk down to the well
[Image: amnesia2011022822001467.th.jpg]

the game crashes to desktop with error
[Image: errorgsz.th.png]

whatta hell?
anyone walk through this well?Huh

I get this error walking up the well after taking the hammer and picking up the tinderboxes...could this be the end of the demo?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5