Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Strange Monster noises
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I like that creepy thumping music when a monster is nearby, it's like the sound of your heart pounding set to music: ba.....ba ba bum....baba bowm!
Lol, me too. However, I don't think the music going away should mean the monster is gone like it does...after you figure that out it gets a bit less scary.
The terror sound is one of my many favourite things about this game's sound design.

I would consider it to be the best translation of foreboding terror into a sound possible.
Great job, Frictional.
Did anyone else encounter a really loud version of this sound towards the beginning of the prison area? Not sure if it's this sound, but there was a huge groaning sound that made Daniel almost topple over and move really slowly (kind of like at the start of the game). Wonder if it was sanity related.
thepaleking Wrote:Did anyone else encounter a really loud version of this sound towards the beginning of the prison area? Not sure if it's this sound, but there was a huge groaning sound that made Daniel almost topple over and move really slowly (kind of like at the start of the game). Wonder if it was sanity related.
I heard the sound that made daniel go nuts with terror, but it didn't make him topple over. Your sanity was probably too low.
Are you talking about the one in the sounds folder 04_scream.snt? I got that in the prison and the whole screen goes red, but I got it in the north block near the kitchen. The only other groaning sound I can think of near the beginning of the prison is when you see the first brute.
Pages: 1 2