Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia in real life :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(this may seem boring, but just read through it.) I don't know if anyone cares at all XD but I was at my sister's 23rd birthday party, all her college friends came over and we played a game called Murder In the Dark.
So basically there is a group of people, and you pick a card. Whoever gets the Ace is the murderer.

And you turn off all the lights and walk around the house, and the murderer "kills" people by putting there hands around there throat. it is terrifying, but anyways, whenever you find a dead body you scream "dead body dead body" and you turn on the lights and try and guess who the killer is.

So anyways I was thinking of amnesia the whole time, and the only reason I actually never died, was because I was using rules I learned from this game, and Penumbra. Like don't look at your enemy, because even in the dark you can still sense people looking at you.

And I was thinking, what if you made a party game like this, but whoever got the Ace was Daniel, and everyone else were the "grunts."
But you would have to do it in a littler group, so there are not like 13 grunts.

But now I really know what Daniel and Phillip felt, walking through a hallway, all alone in the dark, and at the end you see a shadow just standing there. Not knowing if it's going to kill you.

So anyways, if your ever at a party and you don't know what to do, play murder in the dark Big Grin
And what do you think about an Amnesia-esque game like that?
How would you play an "Amnesia In real Life" Game?
That is awesome Blush I can imagine how terrifying it would be to peek around a corner, just to realize that someone at the other end is looking at you, starting to get closer and closer.. Fuuuu- Tongue
if i have a 15th birthday party this is what we are doing....
This is how FG should celebrate their winning of $15,000.
This would be cool. Get some friends over in a big house... I don't think it would work too well in a small house like mine. Or better yet, a big backyeard or wooded area that you know well (so no one gets lost) in the dead of night, with nothing but the moon for light. XD
(03-07-2011, 10:08 PM)eiahmon Wrote: [ -> ]This would be cool. Get some friends over in a big house... I don't think it would work too well in a small house like mine. Or better yet, a big backyeard or wooded area that you know well (so no one gets lost) in the dead of night, with nothing but the moon for light. XD

Yeah I agree Big Grin
My sister has a friend who has a house where there was a water tower once, and it has this huge thing outback which is usually used for paintball battles, but it could be for this, if set up right.
(03-07-2011, 05:53 AM)TheWolfRj Wrote: [ -> ]How would you play an "Amnesia In real Life" Game?

Light a candle in my room, crouch next to it for hours.
(03-08-2011, 02:49 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2011, 05:53 AM)TheWolfRj Wrote: [ -> ]How would you play an "Amnesia In real Life" Game?

Light a candle in my room, crouch next to it for hours.

lol Get someone to stand outside the door and growl like a grunt every now and then.
I think the series "Scariest Places on Earth" had the right idea: the urban exploration of haunted and abandoned places.

Go with a small group of friends to a dark abandoned place like a hospital or asylum with just oil lamps or penlights for light. Have a couple of guys dressed as grunts waiting there ahead of time. Let the screaming and sobbing begin!
If you're going to have people be grunts, you should get them beer/distorting goggles, otherwise the humans stand little chance.

Note: Do NOT go with just flashlights/electric torches. Bring a first aid kit, cell phones and/or radios, durable protective clothing, and water.
I wouldn't suggest taking oil lamps to somewhere without working fire alarms when you plan on having people scatter and hide, that's asking for tragedy.
Pages: 1 2