Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Help: Avoid getting monsters gimped (Creative solution)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been thinking about a way to avoid getting a monster in my map gimped (blocked by entities). I've attached a picture of the area in the spoiler tag:

Spoiler below!

I don't want him to get blocked by the tables.

Things I have thought about:
1. Can't teleport/move him.
2. Addpropimpulse does not work (making him "jump" over the tables).
3. SetEntityActive("table_nice02", false); does not work. The table does not disappear.
4. Unsure of this script: SetPropActiveAndFade("table_nice02", false, 0.1f); - but tried it. Does not work.

Possible solutions(?):
1. To somehow set the properties of the table to collide = false, while he passes. (What does "SetPropPhysics" do?)

Could work, but not optimal:
2. To set monster 1 unactive and set monster 2 (which is on the other side of the table) active.
3. Remove the tables and work with something else.

I'm guessing you guys could have some good ideas!
Can't see your image, but I recommend using invisible object blockers.
Oh, I know of that. But I don't want to restrict the player - I'm looking for a solution which allows the monster to overcome pathing blockers.

EDIT: Or are you suggesting I make small "ramps" with the invisible object blockers? (what a funny word!) Smile
Nope, but I just tried ways to solve it, but none of them work.
My grunt keeps walking against the table aswell and only would try to find a way around it when I moved.
The "ramp" thing worked, however to add finesse to it ill add an area at the ramp which SetEntityActive("ramp", false); on enter and SetEntityActive("ramp", true); on leave. That way the player won't notice there is a "ramp" by the table.

If someone has trouble with this issue, this can be a form of solution - and i'll answer questions if there are any.
Out of curiosity can you set collision to only affect NPC's and not players?
(03-12-2011, 03:10 AM)Bek Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity can you set collision to only affect NPC's and not players?

You would have to make a new *.ent file for that (which I did).

-> http://www.mediafire.com/?5gy04h8j4oupt07
Extract into your amnesia folder and to your custom story folder so it works when you share it.