Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia dream/nightmare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Strangely I've never had a real scary nightmare about Amnesia, but there's one part of a dream I can remember;

It was night standing outside facing down some long, stony, half piped tunnel where I could see a faint light at the end, not really a light like the orb or a lamp, just enough to see.

I took one step into the tunnel and I heard a extremely long moan, kind of like when you stop up to that hole and the smoke comes out.

Next thing I know i hear these footsteps from the other end, but can't see anything. They were fast and loud, sounding like something massive just crushed a big rock, and there was like three per second.

It was getting closer, so I closed my eyes and ears and focused on ending the dream, waking up at 4 am where I then had a dream about a toaster we used to make mac and cheese.

Share your dreams.
As I was getting toward the end of the game, I had to hide from a brute in that machine room in the chancel. Shortly after that I got to the inner sanctum, saved and exited, and proceeded to take a nap. While napping I had a dream about hiding in a machine room from a servant. And the next night I had more dreams about moving through strange, unfamiliar places hiding from things.
Well,strangely i've never had too any really scary nightmares about Amnesia Smile
But i sometimes i see the effects of playing this game on my dreams.

Until now,there were more then 4-5 dreams that i remember who had grunt from amnesia the dark decent or scary events that very reminds the scary events from the game. (But no really scary ones,not a least from the kind of things in dreams that make you scream in your dreams and feel helpless Tongue)
Me and my friend were exploring some abandoned mansion in the middle of the woods. (He forced me to follow him there..) The part what i can recall is, that we were in well lit room, and the next thing i know, the window breaks and a gust of wind blows all the candles out. Then i heard a loud growl and the Grunt from Amnesia comes in and kills my friend. I hid in a closet and was waiting for it to leave. (The same grunt music is playing that is in amnesia Big Grin) It became very quiet.. Too quiet. I peeked out of the closet and whaddya know.. The grunts face pops up in front of me! Then i woke up.. Blush
I've had two Amnesia related dreams, and I had one that was very similar to the game about a week before I found out the game existed.

In the first dream, I was in a study-like room, but it was well lit with light coming in from the windows. There was several rooms, a long room with several closets was where most of the part I can remember took place. I heard a grunt behind me when I was going through the room, but didn't think much of it. Later on when I was looking through drawers, I heard a scream in the background and turned. I saw the grunt not too far behind me. All of the curtains around the windows pulled themselves shut, and I began to move towards the nearest closet as the grunt came nearer. Right before I pulled the closet door shut, the grunt saw me. I was chased out of the room. I don't remember what happens after that.

In the second dream, all I remember is one small bit. I was exploring in a room like Daniel's Room, but I heard music from Amnesia (the song is called something like event_coming.ogg in the music folder) and knew that I had to hide somewhere.

I know I've had another Amnesia-related dream, but I don't remember anything about it.
I don't remember having any dreams about Amnesia. Horror games and movies used to scare me at night, but now when I go to bed I just sleep like a brick. Smile

It's actually been a while since I've had any dreams of any kind...
(03-12-2011, 01:49 PM)TFEF Wrote: [ -> ]I've had two Amnesia related dreams, and I had one that was very similar to the game about a week before I found out the game existed.

A premonition...spooky. Tongue
Dodgy I had this night actually, but sadly I don't remember much from it. I remember that the enviroment was kind of different, but the lightning exact the same as in the game, and one of the monsters ( the first one you encounter ) were following me everywhere. I didn't see it, but I could hear it's grunts and footsteps, so natuarly I hid a lot.
This is not the first Amnesia dream I've had, but it's the first I can remember anything of. I had inherited an old castle from an recently descesed great-grandfather that I hadn't even know about, and when I arrived to take possession of it, I discovered it was Brennenburg Castle. Three guesses who my great-grandfather was. Xd

I figured out pretty quick that the place was haunted, because I kept hearing voices and footsteps, and doors would fly open for no apparent reason. It was creepy, but dream self was more curious than anything. I didn't actually see any ghosts until a few weeks after I had moved in, during which the locals had filled me in on the castle's dark history. I had workmen repairing the castle, and one night as I was going to bed, Alexander's ghost just popped up - thankfully, he was fully clothed! XD - and thanked me for taking care of the place for hinm. I just kind of sneered at him, since I knew of what all he had done in life, and he begged me not to listen to rumor and try and learn for myself what had really happened.

The dream skipped ahead to where I learned that someone else (Daniel?) had committed all the crimes that Alexander had been accused of, and then that person had murdered Alexander to cover it up. It then showed a flashback of Alexander trying to escape, screaming for help as he ran, but he was caught and dragged back inside. It was just weird.
That's pretty cool. Interesting twist on the storyline from the game.

I just woke up from a nap where I had another nightmare (daymare?..of being chased) I felt very bad because there were a couple other people in a room I happened to run through whilst trying to escape and the servant (grunt type) got them...also in this dream they didn't have to pound down doors..they could simply open them. This made escape much harder. After running around this mansion I was in for what seemed like hours of pursuit I finally escaped. Just then another walked into the doorway (looked like a brute) at the end of the room I was in, yet somehow I stayed still enough that it didn't see me and walked off. Probably scarier than the last one I had on the subject.
Pages: 1 2 3 4