Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: White Night - Total Conversion v1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Too much quote confusion, so I edited the posts a little bit.

Cry, I was watching one of your walkthroughs and I must say they're so fun to watch that I cut my playthrough and started to watch it instead Big Grin
I really want to play this, and I wont lie because it is mostly for the added items to the editor. There will be stuff added to my editor right, because I have been wanted to make a horror game like the look of yours, but amnesia is the easiest one for me... Lol.
(07-13-2011, 01:48 AM)Cryaotic Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2011, 01:27 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]An Amnesia mod or something else?

Mistake-1 is actually a Half-Life mod.

Don't worry sir, you have no close competition!

No exactly the opposite. If it was a modern Amnesia mod I could get some ideas and stuff from there maybe to help me move faster. Anyway, thx for the reply.Wink

I started converting models from Penumbra to Amnesia myself. It is very easy and very promising but also very boring sometimes. It is the best you can do with modern mods like Wight Night, Unbirth and a demo of Scratches 2. I think these 3 are the only modern ones.
(07-13-2011, 07:39 AM)AlexRobillard Wrote: [ -> ]I really want to play this, and I wont lie because it is mostly for the added items to the editor. There will be stuff added to my editor right, because I have been wanted to make a horror game like the look of yours, but amnesia is the easiest one for me... Lol.

Thanks for being honest. I have 101 custom entity right now. I have many custom textures too. I know Frictional Games worked hard to create those models I converted from Penumbra, but converting them into Amnesia is quite a trouble and needed me to work very hard.

After I release the mod, all of the custom assets, newly modeled or converted models, converted or newly created textures will be automatically added to any editor. I'll be honest too. If there were any way to hide files, I'd do so. However, there is not, and people will use anything they want even without giving credit. I know, because people usually do so. Easy job.

Still, I'm interested in what people would create with same materials I have.
(07-13-2011, 02:42 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Too much quote confusion, so I edited the posts a little bit.

Cry, I was watching one of your walkthroughs and I must say they're so fun to watch that I cut my playthrough and started to watch it instead Big Grin

The same happened to me. I've watched him play instead of playing myself. He's a lazy builder(You create lazy people...) Tongue
when my mod is done, (yeah...anyway...), my credits list will be certainly 2 pages! People tend to forget credits and it is very ugly for the guys who made the materials used in their mod.
My credits contained 63 names. I made a cleanup, deleted loads of files and made most myself and now is just 18.
It's a pain in the ass to have so many people and has it is disrespectfull to forget, you just have to note them all up, which takes time and time is money.
If anyone is still interested in White Night, Modsentry interview is up! It might answer some questions you have; or if you are not interested at all, it might be an enjoyable reading Smile

http://modsentry.com/2011/08/interview-t...ite-night/
Are you kidding me? Not interested for the best story of HPL2?

I just read the interview. There is a very common question missing, the release date one. I saw from moddb that it will be released in October. Correct? Probably I will play it after months though... SadSadSad

Well, judging from the interview, the many posts, the moddb articles and the story of course, this mod is very popular now. Make it worth it and surprise us Tan! Smile
Wow... This mod looks great! Can't wait to try it out.

Hey and also are you still accepting the translations? Cause I could do Finnish translation.