Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: White Night - Total Conversion v1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After being roommate with tanshaydar for a while I got used to following the mod like this:
========================
me: so what's up with the the mod?
tanshaydar: I pulled that thing 2mm to the left.
me: great! can I play it!
[2 minutes later]
me: so what's up with the mod
=========================
and now I'm away from him, so much changed in the mod (like an entire level!!), and I have to follow changes from moddb updates... Maybe I am last person to say something like this, but I am looking forward to the new semester... *sigh*

Keep up the good work!
Well you know what they say: 2mm to the left can change the whole experience! Tongue
(09-02-2011, 05:27 AM)yasar11732 Wrote: [ -> ]After being roommate with tanshaydar for a while I got used to following the mod like this:
========================
me: so what's up with the the mod?
tanshaydar: I pulled that thing 2mm to the left.
me: great! can I play it!
[2 minutes later]
me: so what's up with the mod
=========================
and now I'm away from him, so much changed in the mod (like an entire level!!), and I have to follow changes from moddb updates... Maybe I am last person to say something like this, but I am looking forward to the new semester... *sigh*

Keep up the good work!

if that was me, i would have a nerdgasm every time he said "i pulled that thing 2mm to the left" then continue by saying "OMFGWTF COME ON JUST LET ME PLAY THE DAMN THING ALREADY SWDBFLAIWRGB!!!!!"
Thanks a lot you guys for your support.

(09-01-2011, 10:03 AM)skypeskype Wrote: [ -> ]This doesn't look like a custom story, it looks like an original game

Normally a total conversion should mean that, but thanks, I'm trying hard Smile

(09-01-2011, 09:32 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Mmm, so AVS Video Editor was helpful and easy to use but with lots of features? Alright, I will start using that too.

1) I like a lot the way you use lights and the fact that you lit them like tinderboxes.
2) Custom models, ha - great. The wheelchair especially!
3) I think I saw an outdoor environment, nice!
4) Waterlurker with fire? That reminds me of something...
5) "Do not forget to wash your hands after you kill someone" - WTF???

6) Noticed some flickering at the far wall here:

Yes, I changed the tinderbox mechanic and it worked good, and fit into theme. Asylum level is an outdoor level, but I'm not gonna blow an astonishing outdoor scene, it's just because of story needs it.

What you saw there is not flickering, but an artifact due to low settings while recording.

What that fire thing remind you Smile Fire has a link to the story, but only for those who are curious enough Wink
I'm eager to understand it then! Smile

Don't forget that trailer with some(oh come on, at least a little) details on the story!Tongue
Yes, yes, I'm waiting for voice actings. Once they're handed to me, I'll start on creating the trailer.
Voice actings... Now that I remembered, just for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2htTsx2Hgs&hd=1
(09-02-2011, 11:23 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, yes, I'm waiting for voice actings. Once they're handed to me, I'll start on creating the trailer.

Any more lines you need done, just send them my way.

Anything I can do to help good sir, I shall!
(09-03-2011, 12:24 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Voice actings... Now that I remembered, just for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2htTsx2Hgs&hd=1

[Image: facepalm.png]
Ok, I will got that to Sofia's voice actor too.

(09-03-2011, 12:28 AM)Cryaotic Wrote: [ -> ]Any more lines you need done, just send them my way.

I will, I just didn't decide which ones are to be voiced and which ones to be not.

Also, there will be a back story to legendary psychiatrist Patrick Parr.
(09-03-2011, 12:28 AM)Cryaotic Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2011, 11:23 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, yes, I'm waiting for voice actings. Once they're handed to me, I'll start on creating the trailer.

Any more lines you need done, just send them my way.

Honestly I think your voice would ruin immersion, if this is to be a story-telling mod. Whoever your character was would immediately turn into Cry. Damn your unique voice. Damn it all to hell.