Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: White Night - Total Conversion v1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wish I had the diligence of you Tanshaydar. Once I finish something I'm like MUST RELEASE TO PUBLIC.
Thanks for the kind words Smile
Maybe it's because I haven't had anything to release to public whereas you already completed three wonderful mod (I don't even know how many flash you have developed so far).
However, I'm not sure if you were to see first versions of this work... Well, they won't be public Big Grin
Good luck to you Tanshaydar and DamnNoHtml, I already made 7 maps that contains more than 7MB size. I'm just scare to release my map because I don't know if you friends gonna like it or not. But my Unannounce story is very big, I already have titles, Dialogues ETC ETC... And I already planned that my story must contains Atleast 50 maps Big Grin, Been working on my Unannounced story since I got HPL2 tool. Also school is keeping me busy Angry. Anyways, Once again Good luck to you ALL!!! Shy Thanks for taking time on reading this. Smile
(09-19-2011, 06:35 PM)ManiacGamingHD Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just scare to release my map because I don't know if you friends gonna like it or not.

Never do this. Never make a game to fulfill others pleasure; because it is simply, utterly and completely impossible to satisfy everyone.
My main point about this is "it's good, when I like it enough"; because if you like it, many others will like it too; and I think this is the problem today's games. Developers don't create games as they like; they make games as what majority of people like (Black Ops, RE5).

For White Night, I'm not satisfied with the current state of the mod and overall feeling. Though, there are many parts that needs to be touched, filled with voice actings and detailed. Also, playing same thing over and over (hundreds of time I played this shit and I hate White Night Angry ) decreases the feeling of quality.

Just release it, or ask a few people you trust to test them. For me, David's voice actor, Lee, is the main tester for me and if you are to like White Night, that is thanks to his precious feedbacks.
Guys don't ask for release date yet. Its only September and it should be released, according to Tan of course - how should I know?, at December. Who knows, maybe January! Tongue

It is the top custom story in my opinion and so I think that it is only fair to be a little-bit late.

Criticism for the 2 pictures: I have to admit that it is the first time that I didn't realize this is a modern mod. I mean, I noticed many Amnesia things/objects. For example, for the carpet you could use custom planes which I use a lot in EtD (I can send you some if you like). The front desk could have another texture and not mansion walls. Make the yellow .jpg file of the lamp on the walls translucent through the .mat file because it looks too solid. Also, why is the room blue lit?

Important: I hope you realize that is is helpful criticism and only to make the mod even better than it already is! Smile
I take all kind of criticism, I don't mind it being helpful or not, because it will always show a side that I did/could not see before.
I'm still working on entrance part, overall feeling has changed since the screens, however there is a lot to improve/add/chance since it is still wip.
I think a video could show it better though.
(09-19-2011, 09:31 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]I take all kind of criticism, I don't mind it being helpful or not, because it will always show a side that I did/could not see before.
I'm still working on entrance part, overall feeling has changed since the screens, however there is a lot to improve/add/chance since it is still wip.
I think a video could show it better though.

Well if you are going to make a video, make a trailer or something. Otherwise, I think it would be better to keep it "secret" like it already is until the release date.
Best I can do is a gameplay video. A trailer needs much more work. Also voice acting. Don't think I can manage it at this rate of my life.
(09-19-2011, 09:55 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Best I can do is a gameplay video. A trailer needs much more work. Also voice acting. Don't think I can manage it at this rate of my life.
forget it, just make the story the best way you can and take your time. As you said, don't worry about what the others say about the date etc... No gameplay video preferably (my opinion)... Smile
Can't wait for this to be done