Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Penumbra screen tearing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I bought this game during the humble bundle 2 sale everything was running great. So today I thought that I should continue you the game, but now I'm experiencing screen tearing which makes the game unplayable for me. Any suggestion?
Make sure you have enabled vertical sync (vsync)
(03-21-2011, 03:27 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you have enabled vertical sync (vsync)

Yes, I have it enabled...maybe I should make video to show the problem.
Update graphics card drivers.
(03-21-2011, 06:18 PM)Scraper Wrote: [ -> ]Update graphics card drivers.

Ok well it's not a screen tearing issue... when ever I make a sudden movement the FPS drops, but if I stand still the FPS is 60... but if I start making sudden turns the FPS drops down to 20. Also when I ever I try to update my drivers my screen gets funky Tongue .
Turn off motion blur in the game's graphics options.
(03-21-2011, 07:44 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Turn off motion blur in the game's graphics options.

Tried that too. Undecided. I've even tried turning all the grapics on low and turning off raptr.
Do you have SLI? Or some other dual GPU thing. I had a lot of issues with artifacting and screen tearing when I played the game with both GPUs enabled.
(03-22-2011, 02:28 AM)thepaleking Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have SLI? Or some other dual GPU thing. I had a lot of issues with artifacting and screen tearing when I played the game with both GPUs enabled.

I don't think so... here are my system specs :
CPU: AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3500+
RAM: 1023.5 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Video card: GeForce 8600 GTS
BUMP. Updating my drivers fixed the problem.