Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Plot hole?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Spoiler below!

At the end of Overture, the door leading to The Shelter is between where Red's room is and the incinerator. Tom has reportedly been trapped there since 1970. However, in Black Plague, the notes you find indicate that the Shelter was recently in active status. If it was active and right there, and Shelter had new members coming in since ~1973...how was Red not discovered?

Mine big. Red small.
(03-25-2011, 11:53 AM)Bek Wrote: [ -> ]Mine big. Red small.

pretty much.
(03-25-2011, 07:15 PM)JarrodTheBobo Wrote: [ -> ]

pretty much.

I agree.
(03-25-2011, 07:18 PM)Doctorcheese Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2011, 07:15 PM)JarrodTheBobo Wrote: [ -> ]

pretty much.

I agree.

I agree again Tongue
Obviously there's a back door somewhere.
(03-26-2011, 06:07 AM)Xanatos Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously there's a back door somewhere.

Either that, or he simply hid.

Except for the fact that the room itself where he is trapped isn't that big. Tongue The only idea I've really heard that holds up so far is if there was another door into Shelter...
It would be stupid not to build more than one door into such a large complex. In the infested corridors there are windows that peer out into an abyss with snow coming down from above, indicating a really dangerous way outside. There were probably other ways into the mine or out to the surface. One jammed door was probably just, to them, a setback that they could easily ignore and bypass.
(03-26-2011, 11:36 AM)gandalf91 Wrote: [ -> ]Except for the fact that the room itself where he is trapped isn't that big. Tongue The only idea I've really heard that holds up so far is if there was another door into Shelter...
He isn't trapped in that room at all. He can go around the whole mine if he wanted to afaik?
Pages: 1 2