Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Something in the Archives?!? (Small spoiler.)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, been a while, and dunno if this was posted before but could not find it.

Spoiler below!
So, I was in the Archives, and was playing like... Well, if the monsters come, their theme will play so hah, I'm gonna be a tough guy and play on, and so I went full of courage through the first part of the game after having not played it for while. But... Then...

I was in the Archives, and I've heard its sound before in clips and whatnot. I entered a room... And heard a Brute's whimper! So I was like: OMGSAVEANDEXITQUITAREYOUSURE?YES!ยก!

Now I wonder... Is there actually a brute in the Archives, or was that just a very, very mean trick of Frictional to scare people? By just letting it's fearsome whimper be heard, it actually just being a triggered sound instead of the actual NPC itself?

(It's almost like they knew I was gonna play like this and so they thought: "Well, when Hionimi plays, we put in the Brute's sound to give him a good scare! Big Grin ")
It's an illusion to build up the atmosphere Tongue
Spoiler below!
Yeah, there are no brutes in the archives and none of the grunts in the archives can harm you as they are either unable to hear you or vanish into thin air when they get near. The first real enemy danger is the grunt in the refinery.
Spoiler below!
What about the grunt in the wine cellar? Isn't he dangerous?
Spoiler below!
nope
It wasn't brute. Close, but still... it;s unique sounds and, tbh, this one freaks me out more than grunt and brute together.
Actually it is the brute. In map making, I've listened to almost all the .snt sounds in the level editor. It's the brute whimpering one.
*Frowns at tpsky.* Be gone, illegal WoW Gold seller. ._.
(03-26-2011, 11:29 AM)gandalf91 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually it is the brute. In map making, I've listened to almost all the .snt sounds in the level editor. It's the brute whimpering one.
I never heard such sounds from brute. Teh fact that filename has "brute" part in it means nothing. There is much more weird filenames in teh resources.
In the Archieves are two Grunts you can see, but they did not attack you.
They are only for an illusion to scare you.

But there are a lot of more Grunts.
If you picked up the winecellar-key, you will hear someone. That is not only a sound. But they were automatically removed after a few seconds. There is no chance to see them.
Pages: 1 2