Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Model editor help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there i am had a idea of making a grunt that casts a spot light from his eyes whit a bilboard... a saved the new entity. i opened level editor, the bilboard and the light actualy appeard but not from the grunts eyes they wore floating in the air Sad how do i make the light and billboard attached to the grunt's head?
doesn't eny one know how to do this?
you could try to make a "eye body" and attach the billboard and light at that body Wink
OK!..............................................................................................................................................
and................. how do i do that =P?
oh come on Sad
At least give it a shot first...go look at the model editor tutorial on the wiki for how to set up bodies. All you have to do is link the lights to the grunt body.
I actually looked at the lamp entities, where some lanterns are getting to move and still casting light, particle & billboard. That means they can be movable too. However, I was unable to attach any of them to any monster. Monsters doesn't have any shapes, and attaching a shape to a bone doesn't seem to help much.
Well, you could try creating a dummy body and then put the lights on it.
oh ok i did it! it was easy actualy... all the awsers are in the menu "view"
(03-27-2011, 02:27 PM)MrBigzy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you could try creating a dummy body and then put the lights on it.

I did it, even tied the body to mesh. No luck.

(03-27-2011, 04:02 PM)Danarogon Wrote: [ -> ]oh ok i did it! it was easy actualy... all the awsers are in the menu "view"

How did you managed it? Can you explain in details?
Pages: 1 2