Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Stupid newbie Level Editor question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I started messing around with the Level Editor and created a nice little dungeon-ish hallway, but I have two problems, both relating to static objects.

1) dungeonbase/ceiling/corner_concave_short and corner_convex_short don't quite work together. If I want a corridor that has an arched ceiling with a door at one end and a bend at the other, I can't have it. If I want a bend, the corridor has to be 14 grid units wide so that the convex and concave roof corners both fit with the non-corner roof parts, but if I want the corridor to end in a wall or door, it has to be 16 grid units wide so that the two concave roof corners fit together.

2) dungeonbase/wall/corridor_graves. It doesn't work with any other wall. I wanted one side of the corridor to have graves in it, but I had to trash the idea because they don't fit with any other wall type.
Generally, you have to use things like welders to connect different types, as well as using scaling to make things fit. I also use planes to fit it missing parts sometimes.
(03-26-2011, 09:59 PM)MrBigzy Wrote: [ -> ]Generally, you have to use things like welders to connect different types, as well as using scaling to make things fit. I also use planes to fit it missing parts sometimes.
Thanks for the advice. Welders aren't enough to connect corridor_graves to other walls, but using a plane should help.