Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Who is in the cistern???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok i'm scared, there is something in the cistern and I think he said this sentence 2 or 3 times (WITH SUBTITLES)
Spoiler below!
Where are you?

Huh
I never heard that voice, Is anybody know who's he??? Sad
There's a guy trapped in the cabin you flood when you turn all the valves.
I never noticed that..that's spooky. Does this only happen with low sanity? Confused
(03-30-2011, 04:07 PM)gandalf91 Wrote: [ -> ]I never noticed that..that's spooky. Does this only happen with low sanity? Confused

I dont know but my sanity is crystal clear Confused
Guess not then. Maybe I'll have to replay that part. Tongue
It's Wally. Guess they'll never find him now.
Haha +1 Big Grin
(03-30-2011, 02:13 PM)Gharren Wrote: [ -> ]There's a guy trapped in the cabin you flood when you turn all the valves.

Great, so basically...
Spoiler below!

Daniel kills all these people under false pretenses...then rather than deciding to kill Alexander for a nobler cause, he wants to kill him simply for revenge...he goes through the whole loss of memory to try to erase his former self and become a new person...then kills one more innocent person in the name of "revenge"...wondrous...

(03-30-2011, 06:38 PM)gandalf91 Wrote: [ -> ]Haha +1 Big Grin
(03-30-2011, 02:13 PM)Gharren Wrote: [ -> ]There's a guy trapped in the cabin you flood when you turn all the valves.

Great, so basically...
Spoiler below!

Daniel kills all these people under false pretenses...then rather than deciding to kill Alexander for a nobler cause, he wants to kill him simply for revenge...he goes through the whole loss of memory to try to erase his former self and become a new person...then kills one more innocent person in the name of "revenge"...wondrous...

That's a moral conflict, you can only pass through the cistern-level, if you kill other people. Same situation as the last level of Penumbra Overture with Red inside the incinerator.
Or maybe it's just one of Daniel's hallucinations, but I'm not really sure about that.
Yeah, that part with Red kind of freaked me out, and I have a pretty high tolerance...easily one of the most disturbing game moments I've ever experienced. That and the first glimpse you get of The Shelter though really do well to transition from Overture - which I felt was more of a suspense game vs. pure horror - to a more horrific game, like Black Plague.

Anyway, that's kind of off topic, but yeah I suppose it could have been a hallucination too...for one, who would just be chilling in there anyway?..
Well if you remember in a previous flashback, Alexander speaks of using the water to power machines. I believe that the 'Guy trapped in water box' is a foreshadowing of the torture chambers you find later on. Perhaps Daniel's 'accidental' killing of this person was hinting that Daniel has been compelled to kill, even if unintentionally.
Pages: 1 2